Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90 amps Charger special for Tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

As you all know Sun Country Highway launched the longest greenest highway in the world last december.

The end of the tour coincide with the 1st delivery of the new Tesla Model S in late december '12.

To celebrate these two fantastic events we are offering all Tesla owner's a great promotion on charging units for your new ride.

We have a wide range of units up to 90 amps offering the highest reliability.
Chargers | Sun Country Highway

These units are also certified by the governemnt of Quebec and of other provinces for the 1000$ rebate so this makes them even more attractive.

For more informations feel free to contact me and i'll give you all the answers you need.

Best regards,

Olivier Delisle
Business Development
Sun Country Highway

[email protected]
1-514-865-9890

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Please note this thread is in the Canadian forum so this special is for Canadian owners only.
We are the master distributors of Clipper Creek chargers here in Canada.

Sorry if this was confusing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Olivier Delisle
Business Development
Sun Country Highway

Wouldn't the CS-100 model (as shown in the brochure) make more sense for Model S owners? If you're going to run a 90 amp circuit, why not run a 100 amp circuit and take full advantage of the car's twin chargers (just like the HPWC would).

Wouldn't the CS-100 model (as shown in the brochure) make more sense for Model S owners? If you're going to run a 90 amp circuit, why not run a 100 amp circuit and take full advantage of the car's twin chargers (just like the HPWC would).

Doug can probably answer this better than I could. First, I'm not sure if the CS-100 is available yet since Sun Country doesn't show pricing for it.
Second, Tesla's web site says that a public J1772 charger can deliver 80Amps. I thought the J1772 design standard was limited to less ampacity than the Model S can handle. My understanding of the Sun Country product line is that you would have to use the J1772 adapter to charge the car, so does that mean that the charger can output 90 Amps but that only 80 Amps would reach the car or can the full 90 Amps go through the J1772 connection?

My understanding of the Sun Country product line is that you would have to use the J1772 adapter to charge the car, so does that mean that the charger can output 90 Amps but that only 80 Amps would reach the car or can the full 90 Amps go through the J1772 connection?

Continuous current from a 100 amp EVSE is 80 amps, whether it's Sun Country's or Tesla's. That's an electrical code thing. The CS-90 would deliver about 70 amps continuous.

There's a well-known bug in the Roadster that makes it fail to operate when the charging station offers more than 70A.

The CS-100 will output a maximum of 75A. I believe the limit is due to the current rating of the J1772 plug that is currently being used.

Sun Country has been installing CS-90's because (a) they didn't want to leave the Roadster owners high and dry, and (b) it's only an extra 7% power.

Hi,

Regarding the CS-100, like Doug says, there's a known issue with the roadster so we are still running some tests at the moment.
The 7% diffference in power is not a deal breaker for home charging.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Olivier Delisle
Business Development
Sun Country Highway

[email protected]

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

Dear SCH,

I find it rather frustrating - and not a little surprising - that you should choose to call your products 'chargers' when they are nothing of the sort! Your products are all EVSEs (electric vehicle service equipments. 'Charge(ing) Point' or Charge(ing) Station' are also good. All they do is safely provide a means of connecting an EVs real charger(s) to an electricity supply and switching the power on and off - in the same way that a simple switched AC mains receptacle (socket) does - albeit at much higher power levels.

Calling them 'chargers' is not only technically incorrect but also confuses the Hell out of everyone, particularly EV newbies. They will (rightly) wonder why, if your EVChargers are chargers, do they need another charger in the car?! I guess it is too late to change their name into something less confusing and more intelligent but you might like to consider it none the less.

Regards, Martin Winlow.

Martin, whilst technically correct, in common parlance here in North America, "charging point", or charging station" has been abbreviated (rightly or wrongly) to "charger"...EVSE is too cumbersome and often times requires further explanation...