Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does a 19" wheel and tire fit in the frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about a 19 inch wheel and a very low profile tire. Eg 235/25/19?

It might fit but you couldn't drive on it because the size would be very different and would freak out the traction control, ABS, and stability control at the very least. The only thing that could work is a doughnut spare. However, you'd have to find one with the correct RPM (I don't know if there is such a thing) and a wheel that would clear the brakes (almost certainly there isn't). As far as I can see, keeping a spare in the back is the only way to go.

chargedup. I beg to differ with others.

Yes. The 'standard' 19"wheel and tire does fit in the frunk but it has to tilted. I had the service center in Van Nuys put a wheel w/ Goodyear tire and it fit, a tight fit, but it did fit.

FYI. I live in Southern CA and I have an extra 19" wheel available, if you are interested.

petero

As documented here apparently a 19" wheel with tire fits, plus even a full size jack. See this thread starting Will the Model S/X have a spare tire if not, how is that ok? - Page 21

From @wycolo:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393434896.889247.jpg

From @Cottonwood:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393434920.006492.jpg

a3ysa2uh.jpg

There are a couple of different compact spare solutions available, too, though they are a bit DIY.

18" steel X5 compact spare wheel + 155 80 18 compact spare tire from Escape Hybrid (what I have)

19" alloy X5 compact spare wheel + 155 70 19 compact spare tire (used on some Mercedes MLs)

Both of those are very close to the rolling diameter of the original wheel.

A 145/70 18 wheel + tire can be bought from Bimmerzone. Should bolt up no problem, but I don't know whether the smaller diameter would present an issue.

Compact Space Saver Tire/Wheel Solution - Page 6