Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling a US Spec car to Norway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, not that we really have any interest in selling our car, BUT a car dealer client in Norway has inquired about purchasing our Model S at a price that makes it compelling enough to think about.

Obviously there are a few issues with this possibility including:

1. Warranty - Tesla has told me that the Warranty will NOT transfer overseas
2. Odometer/Speedo - The local service center says it CAN be switched to Kilometers
3. Charging - Tesla has told me that there MAY be issues with charging that should be looked into
4. Data Connectivity - No Idea
5. Navigation Map Data - No Idea

So, not sure it's going to work out, but thought it was interesting to post what some differences might be between the US and European Delivery cars.

Mod's feel free to move elsewhere...

Until tethering comes along, I think anything (including service) that depends upon connectivity is not going to work. That presents a catch-22... if you were to ship the car right now, the car wouldn't be able to download the update that would give you the tethering capability.

So, not that we really have any interest in selling our car, BUT a car dealer client in Norway has inquired about purchasing our Model S at a price that makes it compelling enough to think about.

Obviously there are a few issues with this possibility including:

1. Warranty - Tesla has told me that the Warranty will NOT transfer overseas
2. Odometer/Speedo - The local service center says it CAN be switched to Kilometers
3. Charging - Tesla has told me that there MAY be issues with charging that should be looked into
4. Data Connectivity - No Idea
5. Navigation Map Data - No Idea

So, not sure it's going to work out, but thought it was interesting to post what some differences might be between the US and European Delivery cars.

Mod's feel free to move elsewhere...

There is one US Model S in Norway (that is not one of the EU demo cars) that was imported by a car dealer called Ferdinand Motor, Ferdinand Motor - Ferdinand Motor AS They've had it for a month's time now and I think they have gotten Norwegian plates on it too. So for questions on "porting" a US Model S to Norway, they are I guess as much expertes on the field as you'll ever find.