Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

paint color codes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if there is a paint color code sticker on the car? I've looked, but I can't find any--maybe you have to peel back carpet or something.

Or even better, is there a reference for Model S color codes? I'm looking for the blue code so I can order some touch-up paint from drcolorchip.com. (No problems yet, but I've never had a car where I didn't need it eventually.)

Drcolorchip.com matched my paint. They didn't tell me the color code, but it's correct. All I told them was Tesla model S blue, and they figured it out.

Can you get the color code from them? I asked them today for it and here's their response:

Hi,
We don't have any paint color samples for Tesla. The only way we could guarantee a match would be for you to provide us with a paint sample. Do you have anything you could send us that would be a good representation of the color?

Dan McCool
Dr. ColorChip Corporation
Phone- 561-845-6122, Ext. 301
Fax- 561-244-0523

Can you get the color code from them? I asked them today for it and here's their response:

My local body shop prepared a small bottle of touch-up paint after fixing a small issue with the front bumper. They were able to get the PPG codes, I don't know whether they got it from their system or called Tesla service.

That's interesting, as they sent me the paint. I put some on a piece of paper, and it did seem to match. There's no color code written on the bottle. Have you tried e-mailing ownership experience at Tesla to ask them?
Can you get the color code from them? I asked them today for it and here's their response: Hi, We don't have any paint color samples for Tesla. The only way we could guarantee a match would be for you to provide us with a paint sample. Do you have anything you could send us that would be a good representation of the color? Dan McCool Dr. ColorChip Corporation Phone- 561-845-6122, Ext. 301 Fax- 561-244-0523