Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ICE cars are dangerous.

Corvette at Providence mall bursts into flames, no one injured | Breaking News | providencejournal.com | The Providence Journal

Another one bites the dust...

On a personal note, there was a car fire in the parking lot where I work. It was a recently purchased used car that was parked (it still had the temporary tags on it) that started smoking then after a few minutes burst into flames. Luckily the fire department arrived soon after to put it out by cutting the hood open and spraying the car with lots of water. I took a video of the event and I'll try to upload it here tomorrow.
    2015 Tesla Model S - Would prefer a Tesla Model III, but I am unwilling to wait until 2017 or even 2018 to own a Tesla.
    Current plan is for S85, Black, Cold weather, with no other bells and whistles since this is a stretch.

ICE car fires are boring. Don't sell newspapers.

But EV fires are interesting, because the press wants the public to believe EVs are dangerous. Just like Thomas Edison executed a whole bunch of animals with AC electricity, to prove how dangerous it was (as if DC cannot kill you!).

Witches have always been hunted, and always will, until they are considered mainstream, and thus no longer witches.
    Hong Kong RH Drive | Delivery ~mid/end September 2014 | 85 | Silver Met | pano | Dual | Tech | Air | Park
    Since February 2014, waiting for "Order Confirmed - We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S" to be changed to anything else

Blog Entries
    To date no EV has caught fire without first hitting something... spontaneously combusting is par for the course for ICE...
    http://www.hngn.com/articles/35033/2...urning-suv.htm

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nwdiver View Post
    To date no EV has caught fire without first hitting something... spontaneously combusting is par for the course for ICE...
    No EV from a manufacturer. I believe a few home built EVs have.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by nwdiver View Post
    Didn't some Fisker Karma catch fire while being flooded during Sandy? (well, it's a hybrid, not really an EV)

Just looked it up:

Fisker loses over 300 Karmas in Sandy floods at Port Newark
    Hong Kong RH Drive | Delivery ~mid/end September 2014 | 85 | Silver Met | pano | Dual | Tech | Air | Park
    Since February 2014, waiting for "Order Confirmed - We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S" to be changed to anything else

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar

ICE cars are dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by DITB View Post
    Didn't some Fisker Karma catch fire while being flooded during Sandy? (well, it's a hybrid, not really an EV)

Just looked it up:

Fisker loses over 300 Karmas in Sandy floods at Port Newark
    They did but so did a bunch of other cars. Salt water not friendly to cars.

I don't think an EV that was built in a factory has caught fire simply sitting there in a garage without some external event.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Thread Information