Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gauging interest on a P85 emblem that can be added to your car...

I'm in too
    P85 Black/Black/Pano/Obeche Flat/Tech/Sound/Air/21" Silver/Twin/HPWC -- Delivery Window Feb 28-Mar 14
    Deposit 11/13/2012 Finalized 1/11/13 Pre-MVPA Signed 1/11/13 Delivery Info Requested 1/28/13
    DELIVERED MARCH 7, 2013

S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019 bobinfla's Avatar
    I would be in too.
    Dolphin Grey P85 Model S Vin 4086. Sig Green Roadster 1.5, Founders Series #19. 21kw Solar

I'm in.
    2013 Model S Performance
    VIN 5348, Delivered 3/9/13
    Pearl White, Black, Pano, 21" Silver, Carbon, Tech, Sound, Twin Chargers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I have found a way to have the P85 logo created for addition to our cars (perhaps on the trunk for proper "badging"). Unfortunately, I have to order a large number and will need to have others interested as well. Please give me some feedback to let me know it this will be feasible… It would be as a single chrome piece with double-sided tape to stick it to the car much as the ones that you buy from a dealer (only this would actually be metal versus the dealer ones that are plastic). I am guessing the cost to be about $20 to $25.

Attachment 16316
    What if mine is not P? Can I still get one?

(H3ll I'm wrapping mine in red so who'll know the diff!?)

I don't know that i will actually put it on my car, but I think it is worth getting just to check it out. I'm in.
    Last edited by dailydriver; 2013-02-17 at 11:17 AM.
    Tesla Model S Signature Performance delivered on 10/31/12
    Signature Red | White Leather | Carbon Fiber | Panoramic Roof | 21" Grey Wheels| Rear Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
    I don't know that i will actually put it on my car, but I think is worth getting just to check it out. I'm in.
    Agreed. For the estimated price ($20-$25), I'm in. If it goes above $50, probably not.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

This is an awful way to begin my threading but I am not rooting for those who want to find a way to attach a P85 emblem. That way people hopefully would mistake my coming in one month non performance 85 for a P85.

tesla is now factory installing P85 badges according to some reports

I've seen it with my own eyes: Tesla is factory installing a P85 badge on the PS. I was at the Costa Mesa Service center and my DS showed me a car with the badge on and noted that the factory is now installing them.
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...17-P85-Badging
    P85. VIN05837. Mileage (05/13/14): 48,000mi, Black | Tan Leather | Perf Seats | Obeche Glossy | Pano | Tech | Sound Studio | Air | Spoiler | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers | HPWC | Fog | Extended Trim | Alcantara | Premium Lighting, Aftermkt: XPEL | 40/20% Tint | Lighted T | 19" Tsportline TST Grey Turbines | 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3

I'm in for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I have found a way to have the P85 logo created for addition to our cars (perhaps on the trunk for proper "badging"). Unfortunately, I have to order a large number and will need to have others interested as well. Please give me some feedback to let me know it this will be feasible… It would be as a single chrome piece with double-sided tape to stick it to the car much as the ones that you buy from a dealer (only this would actually be metal versus the dealer ones that are plastic). I am guessing the cost to be about $20 to $25.

Attachment 16316
    - - - Updated - - -

No minimum order at this place: http://shop.emblemart.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=kudatlalg28vsps4hp634pmni1
    Maybe it would be a few bucks more but worth it.

After hearing that news, I talked to my DS and one other employee about the badge (during my scheduling calls) and it's all very nebulous sounding. My DS asked the folks who should know if it was on my car (recently finished, due to pickup this weekend) and they basically said "It may or may not be... we don't know.". When I asked a bit more specifically about getting one if it wasn't, he said I'd need to talk to someone during my factory pickup about it.

It almost seems like only certain cars are getting them... I definitely don't get the impression of "All performance cars made after this point will have one and if yours does not we can get one for you."

I'd love to see others here ask their DSs about them and see if they can get any more information.

Thread Information