Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker voice search and apostrophes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but I've discovered that if you do a voice search on Slacker for a song title that contains an apostrophe, you never get any results back (to state this more clearly, you get no results of any kind back). The voice recognition correctly interprets what you were asking for, but the Slacker search does not.

I've had this happen three or four times on different songs. In all cases, when I manually entered the desired song title in the search box without including the apostrophe, the results included the desired song with the apostrophe in the name.

I don't know if this is an issue with the Slacker API, or the way that Tesla is calling it, but this is a very typical situation when dealing with databases, and the fix is very simple.

I'm guessing the answer to this question is no, but is there any formal way for us to report bugs like this to Tesla? Or does ownership pass on comments like this? Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm happy to report that this problem is *finally* fixed in 5.9 (1.51.96). Not sure if it was .96 that fixed it or if other 5.9 releases have the fix, but you can finally search for Don't Stop Believin' and get results back from Slacker!

I'm happy to report that this problem is *finally* fixed in 5.9 (1.51.96). Not sure if it was .96 that fixed it or if other 5.9 releases have the fix, but you can finally search for Don't Stop Believin' and get results back from Slacker!

I can confirm that at least .88 still exhibited the behavior, perhaps .94 as well. Good to hear!

Still can't believe this is still broken when it was fixed for a couple of releases! This bug is one of the more annoying ones that I keep running into. As of 6.0 (1.67.125) the bug is still present.