Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My confession

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wstuff

Jul 26, 2012
florida
SAM_1592.jpg
SAM_1594.jpg
SAM_1595.jpg
SAM_1596.jpg
SAM_1597.jpg
I thought this might be the only place for this confession as it deals with driving but feel free to move to an appropriate area:
I am 64 years old, truly thought I would be long dead before such an automobile was allowed to be set free. i received "Tapa" on the past friday 02/08/13, I of course was impressed at once, well today is Sunday and time to become intimate and have her first wash. I realized that I had the proper elixirs and solutions on hand but my buckets just were not suitable, so I decided to go to Lowe's and get a couple of brand new buckets. Lowe's is about three miles away, I got the buckets and headed straight home, total trip, 63 miles. I had my Ipad with me so listened to my music on a beautiful sunny Florida morning. I listened to The beach Boys, Holly Holly, and Etta James At Last. That last song had special significance driving the S, i am in love with an inanimate object, I am truly ashamed , electricity is burning a hole in my pocket, and I am having a wonderful BENJAMIN BUTTON experience, I feel 16 again. If at all possible , and it fits your lifestyle this is a fantastic automobile, you can get one ordered at your local TESLA store, you just can't have mine! My wife thinks she is going to take it grocery shopping today HAAA!!! I'm gonna tell her I have to change the oil as it is a new car. Gotta go, I feel another BB moment coming on.

Last edited:
Lowe's is about three miles away, I got the buckets and headed straight home, total trip, 63 miles.

Haha, this is great. But post pics (and not of the buckets, please).

I'm younger than you and never thought I'd be driving an all-electric SPORTS car in my lifetime. I thought electric meant giving up the fun. I don't have my car yet, but I know that's not the case. Thanks for the post!

I thought this might be the only place for this confession as it deals with driving but feel free to move to an appropriate area:
I am 64 years old, ...

Tapa?

I too am younger than you by almost 10 but what a wonderful analogy?
To me, Tesla has created a product, a vision, a future that renders all other carmakers apocalyptic to me.
I would add Nina Simone to that list.
And, what I consider the Tesla "theme tune" ... Julia Othmer's "Never Listen".

Thanks wstuff, you nailed my experience perfectly! I volunteer to my wife all the time to "run to the grocery". When I get back she says "did you get the pickles?". Oops, no, I have to run to the store again. :)

And Etta James is on my Tesla playlist as an all time favorites. So is "Blues Brother" radio on Slacker. Keeps me going....

Great story. I'm sure I will feel the same way when my Model S arrives later this month.

I had a very similar situation the day I bought a new Ford Mustang in 1994. I headed out of my Seattle apartment to get same fast food and ended up eating fried chicken at a KFC in Vancouver CANADA! I honestly don't know what happened. A road trip certainly wasn't in my plans but before I knew it I was in another country. I got a very odd look from the Border Patrol agent when I didn't have ANY kind of answer for the question "what brings you to Canada today?" :smile:

Great story. I'm sure I will feel the same way when my Model S arrives later this month.

I had a very similar situation the day I bought a new Ford Mustang in 1994. I headed out of my Seattle apartment to get same fast food and ended up eating fried chicken at a KFC in Vancouver CANADA! I honestly don't know what happened. A road trip certainly wasn't in my plans but before I knew it I was in another country. I got a very odd look from the Border Patrol agent when I didn't have ANY kind of answer for the question "what brings you to Canada today?" :smile:
Now you can say some TMC folks in Canada dared me to ___.