Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Service Plan Pricing....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just wondering what the Canadian "tax" (ie: Take the US price and add "X" percent) is on the various Tesla Service Plans?

The Tesla Canadian service website lists them to be the same as the US:

1. $650 at time of inspection + $100 per Ranger visit
  2. $2000 prepaid + $100 per Ranger visit
  3. $2500 prepaid + unlimited Ranger visits

Is this pricing accurate for Canadians?

Will there be any hidden fees? (ie: some older threads refer to a per-kilometer fee for Ranger service. Given my location, that would make this option prohibitively expensive)

I'm planning on making my reservation this summer, so I'm trying to budget out what my final cost will be.

P.S. This is slightly OT, but still of great concern to me;
In case of an accident, would I have to pay to transport the vehicle to a Tesla service center? Or is Tesla allowing local collision centers to perform repairs?

Mayhemm, I had asked that question a month ago and was told pricing for Canada was going to be the same that the US. Well, guess what... it is 5-8% more expensive again. Can't blame it on foreign content this time around. sigh!

US costs: 600 for annual, 4 y for 1900 and 4 y anywhere 2400.

You would be better with the 4 y anywhere plan imho. Not sure about any km fees

Last edited:
Mayhemm, I had asked that question a month ago and was told pricing for Canada was going to be the same that the US. Well, guess what... it is 5-8% more expensive again. Can't blame it on foreign content this time around. sigh!

600 for annual, 4 y for 1900 and 4 y anywhere 2400.

You would be better with the 4 y anywhere plan imho. Not sure about any km fees

I know I've been out of school for a long time but those prices look cheaper than US no?

Edit: oops, you were quoting US prices the second time. Sorry! :)

Last edited:
Mayhemm,

You and I are geographic neighbours, both of us are about as far from a service centre as is possible. I share your concerns about access to service. The figures you've quoted are those from the service page of the Tesla Canada website, so are the best information we have regarding pricing. I believe that there will not be a charge per kilometre for a Ranger visit. Here is text from a blog entry by Joost De Vries (Transforming Automotive Service | Blog | Tesla Motors)...

"We’ve revised our pricing such that Ranger Service for Model S and Roadster is now a $100 flat fee per visit, regardless of how far away you live from a Tesla Service Center.

We know sometimes it’s nice to have Ranger Service and sometimes it’s nice to visit a Service Center, so we are also offering a four-year Anywhere Plan that combines Tesla Service and unlimited Ranger Service for four years or 50,000 miles for $2,400. We’ve just launched a new service webpage that goes into greater detail about service pricing and options."

This seems quite clear that no additional fee should apply.

Will there be any hidden fees? (ie: some older threads refer to a per-kilometer fee for Ranger service. Given my location, that would make this option prohibitively expensive)

That was the old Ranger fee, back in the days when they only had the Roadster. Since rolling out the Model S they have switched to a flat charge per visit (and no additional charge with anywhere plan).

This change has already saved me money on Roadster service!

This seems quite clear that no additional fee should apply.

That was the old Ranger fee, back in the days when they only had the Roadster. Since rolling out the Model S they have switched to a flat charge per visit (and no additional charge with anywhere plan).
That's great news! Thanks for the clarification!

So, to summarize then:
As far as we can tell, $2500 will get me the 4-year plan that includes service and covers any Ranger visits? I guess the next question is whether I'm actually within the Ranger service "range" (I'm just past the Northern cutoff on the coverage map).

Anyone know the official word from Tesla on collision repair?

This change has already saved me money on Roadster service!

So... we've always heard that EV's don't NEED service. Care to share what service you've needed that this new plan saved you money on? Or is it regular maintenance stuff?

I highly doubt the cost of transport due to a collision will be covered by this plan as a collision is not a warranty issue.
Having said that, the cost of transporting your vehicle would be covered by your insurance as long as you carry all perils or collision coverage...

p
That's great news! Thanks for the clarification!

So, to summarize then:
As far as we can tell, $2500 will get me the 4-year plan that includes service and covers any Ranger visits? I guess the next question is whether I'm actually within the Ranger service "range" (I'm just past the Northern cutoff on the coverage map).

Anyone know the official word from Tesla on collision repair?