Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Central Indiana delivery -- lots of grey with grey photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have any heartwarming delivery stories for you, but what a great experience! Here are a few shots of the interior and exterior after I finally got it cleaned up. The car came through a snow storm from the Chicago location on Thursday on an open trailer, so it was pretty messy when it arrived. The gray leather is much nicer than I even hoped, and the overal color combinations are just fantastic. Tesla grin when driving and even just looking!

If you want to get a good sense of the actual leather color, look at the photos where the leather is shaded.

DSCN0375.jpg
DSCN0368.jpg
DSCN0370.jpg
DSCN0373.jpg
DSCN0376.jpg
DSCN0382.jpg
DSCN0377.jpg
DSCN0378.jpg
DSCN0381.jpg
DSCN0384.jpg
DSCN0383.jpg

@KKlabunde - Early concerns were that that lacewood is a bold choice, given variability in Tesla showing what it would look like. Are you happy with how it turned out? Better than, worse than, or exactly what you expected? Thanks.

@KKlabunde - Early concerns were that that lacewood is a bold choice, given variability in Tesla showing what it would look like. Are you happy with how it turned out? Better than, worse than, or exactly what you expected? Thanks.

I definitely wouldn't call it bold. My lacewood has much less physical texture than the sample I chose from in the Tesla Store, which is probably good. The store sample was very "bumpy". Mine is very nice, with a subtle texture and REALLY good color. It is a dark wood, but has just enough wood/brown tones to really tie my gray interior together with the headliner color and black leather dash. It is better than I expected and a really excellent finish to the car...

We got to see this S in person yesterday at our home. Thanks for stopping by Kenneth. A beautiful family in a beautiful car. Photos simply do not do this car justice. The gray on gray is superb. I had never seen the gray interior in person. It's gorgeous!
Drive it in good health!

If you want to get a good sense of the actual leather color, look at the photos where the leather is shaded."

I have the same color configuration. The gray leather in the pics looks lighter than the gray leather I saw in the car at the Tesla store. I sense that your quote indicates that the leather is not a light as it looks in the pics, right? It looks great in any case, but I was expecting a little darker.

Absolutely gorgeous combination, and gorgeous pics. That color combo was in my top three finalists, so glad to see a real life example. The grey is just stunning, especially in person, but these pictures do a great job of capturing its depth and hints of sea-shade colors. I'll be thinking of you as I drive by on I-70, if and when Tesla puts a Supercharge in Columbus, allowing me to make a work trip from Pittsburgh to Indianapolis!

The grey is just stunning, especially in person, but these pictures do a great job of capturing its depth and hints of sea-shade colors.

I didn't know what to call the ever-so-slight hints of blue and green that are present in this gray. You nailed it with "sea-shade colors"!

if and when Tesla puts a Supercharge in Columbus, allowing me to make a work trip from Pittsburgh to Indianapolis!

My office is downtown Indianapolis, with 30A chargers in 4 parking spaces. Let me know if you are ever in Indy with your car!