Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation on the right side of the instrument cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Is there a way to get the navigation to show up on the right side of the instrument cluster?

ManualPage4.jpg

Is there a way to get the navigation to show up on the right side of the instrument cluster?

Hey, that picture's a lie! No, there's not, at least not that I see. This came up in today's walkthrough when I picked up my car, IIRC; I believe Jake also said the nav always takes over the left (it seemed to but I'm not sure I tried changing the display, so don't quote me on the "take over" part).

Yup, that ("takeover" etc.) matches my experience for the past two months. I was surprised to run across the picture in the Owner's Guide, hence the question.

For the obsessively curious, I was looking for the extension cord notation in the manual and/or warranty PDFs in reference to the other thread. I didn't find it though. :(

I don't really care which side the screen displays the map but I'd REALLY like it if they would allow the map to display WITHOUT routing to a particular destination. A lot of after market GPS units have this feature (often called Taxi Mode or something similar). This gives you a nice view of the names of the next few cross streets as you drive along. This is especially important given the fact that the Google Maps on the 17 in screen stays in a North up orientation as you drive.

I don't really care which side the screen displays the map but I'd REALLY like it if they would allow the map to display WITHOUT routing to a particular destination. A lot of after market GPS units have this feature (often called Taxi Mode or something similar). This gives you a nice view of the names of the next few cross streets as you drive along. This is especially important given the fact that the Google Maps on the 17 in screen stays in a North up orientation as you drive.

I agree. I'd personally rather have the map display than the energy usage.