Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone app login?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some other mentions of people who have signed in to the iPhone app but then get a message about, "No cars linked to your account" or something similar. When I try to login, I get a failed username/password combo.

My car is supposed to be ready in about a week. Do I use the same login I do at teslamotors.com? Do I need to register a new account somewhere?

thanks,
-Nick

I've seen some other mentions of people who have signed in to the iPhone app but then get a message about, "No cars linked to your account" or something similar. When I try to login, I get a failed username/password combo.

My car is supposed to be ready in about a week. Do I use the same login I do at teslamotors.com? Do I need to register a new account somewhere?

thanks,
-Nick

it is your TM.com sign in name and password. They won't activate your car until delivery

I'm confident I'm typing it in correctly. I suspect either the app won't let me login until I get my car, or it has a bug when users have a '+' in their email address. I'll troubleshoot it with Tesla next week when I pick up my car.

A good old URL encoding (or lack thereof) bug.

<embarrassed for a fellow developer> :)

Yeah, I agree with GG.

Try using %2B in place of the + in your email address when logging in.

Or go to your profile on the TM site and change your username to something without + in it and try using that username instead of your email address to log into the app.

Yeah, I agree with GG.

Try using %2B in place of the + in your email address when logging in.

Or go to your profile on the TM site and change your username to something without + in it and try using that username instead of your email address to log into the app.

I'm also an engineer, and *sigh*, they have a URL encoding bug. I did get logged in by using %2b instead of +. I'll file a bug with TM.