Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TapaTalk Tip-clear the cache

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
My iPad just has 16GB of memory and I've noticed some balkiness and slowing of response lately. Did the usual clean-up, deleted photos and videos, deleted a few apps I never use, etc.

But when I checked my Usage it listed my apps by size and right at the top was TapaTalk, which seemed odd, it was 2.5GB...yes, with a G as in gigabyte! I didn't think the app could be that big. I hit the Settings wheel on the app home page, then advanced, and at the bottom of the page that comes up is a "Clear Cache". I hit that and the first time I actually thought the app had frozen, I even closed it down and restarted, still a huge delay, so I walked off and retuned a couple minutes later and the process had completed.

I rechecked the Usage page and sure enough, TapaTalk had dropped off the Top10 list...in fact it dropped way down... To 34MB!

Obviously 1)I use this app to look at TMC a lot, and 2)the app caches a lot of stuff. Worth doing a clear if you haven't for a while...or ever.

Evan, Via Tapatalk