Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New top menu image clue Feb 8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Goes-to-11.png

clue4.jpg

Last edited:
Goes-to-11.png

drop February 7th, 22:58 Tozw blfi v-dzgxs rh dliprmt mrxp. Tsv Grnv Nzmztvnvmg Xolxp rh pvb gl tvggrmt zoo lu fh rm hbmx. Dv’iv gzprmt Hgfitrh sviv. R fmwvihgzmw blf ziv vcszfhgvw. Tvg hlnv ivhg zmw dsvm rg’h hzuv gl nlev ztzrm blf hslfow hglk yb gl hvv Mlyvo Pormznvm. Sv droo hgizrtsgvm blf lfg lm gsv rnkligzmxv lu gsrh. R nvzm, sld xllo droo rg yv gl szev z uvd sfmwivw gvhozh zmw gsvri ldmvih rm lmv kozxv?

There is this image
368_600.png

386_600.png: "HSAB" as the title

And it has a bunch of nixCraft: Linux Tips, Hacks, Tutorials, And Ideas In Blog Format stuff on there highlighted. It i a Linux site, and well a linux shell prompt.

They have some very familiar looking vBullitin forums on that site. But you need to login to search. So I stopped for the moment.

I didn't try to get into the FTP part of that site.

Maybe the user name is 'JulieteWatthouse' or similar, and her password is HSAB. Or maybe it is in her text. A quick autokey solution didn't work for me.

Last edited:
Goes-to-11.png

Decrypted (it's a simple substitution cipher):

Glad your e-watch is working Nick. Ghe Time Management Clock is key to getting all of us in sync. We're taking Sturgis here. I understand you are exhausted. Get some rest and when its safe to move again you should stop by to see Nobel Klinamen. He will straighten you out on the importance of this. I mean, how cool will it be to have a few hundred teslas and their owners in one place?

From overworking the previous clue I got my hands on some cool tools, as I mentioned in the other thread one of them is a free software called CrypTool. I did an auto analysis and it came up with some suggestions based on frequency analysis and checking against a large English dictionary, and I think also analysis of di- and tri-grams (common 2 and 3 letter words). Then I just had to do some manual analysis for the rest of the letter substitutions:

cryptool.JPG

Bah! Looking at the key now it's just the alphabet reversed: ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA

Last edited:
There is this image 386_600.png: "HSAB" as the title...

Image is from here:
Shell Script Wrapper Examples: Enhance the Ping and Host Commands
bash-wrappers.png

terminal.png

I don't know if it is noteworthy or not but HSAB is BASH (one of the Linux consoles) backwards

Yep, sure seems like it! I guess the idea was just to show a random example of some "bash shell", and then when we see that the name is "hsab" we realize that the decrypt alphabet is just the alphabet in reverse. The content of that screen cap (other than the bash shell prompts) is probably all irrelevant to us.

Last edited:
Goes-to-11.png

Decrypted (it's a simple substitution cipher):

From overworking the previous clue I got my hands on some cool tools, as I mentioned in the other thread one of them is a free software called CrypTool. I did an auto analysis and it came up with some suggestions based on frequency analysis and checking against a large English dictionary, and I think also analysis of di- and tri-grams (common 2 and 3 letter words). Then I just had to do some manual analysis for the rest of the letter substitutions:

Bah! Looking at the key now it's just the alphabet reversed: ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA

Ah all that work!

This URL decoded it automatically!
http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/atbash.php

The HSAB reference is BASH... As in bash shell... also, as in AtBash cipher :)

- - - Updated - - -

Glad your e-watch is working Nick. Ghe Time Management Clock is key to getting all of us in sync. We're taking Sturgis here. I understand you are exhausted. Get some rest and when its safe to move again you should stop by to see Nobel Klinamen. He will straighten you out on the importance of this. I mean, how cool will it be to have a few hundred teslas and their owners in one place?

Safe to move... Maybe meaning freshly charged up?
I don't know this Nobel Klinamen character. Should that be decoded somehow? What could that stand for? (Or maybe I missed it in another post)

Goes-to-11.png

Image is from here:
Shell Script Wrapper Examples: Enhance the Ping and Host Commands

Yep, sure seems like it! I guess the idea was just to show a random example of some "bash shell", and then when we see that the name is "hsab" we realize that the decrypt alphabet is just the alphabet in reverse. The content of that screen cap (other than the bash shell prompts) is probably all irrelevant to us.

do yo think the "@" before the Bash screen has any significance?
bash.png

- - - Updated - - -

Ah all that work!
The HSAB reference is BASH... As in bash shell... also, as in AtBash cipher :)

OK, need to read to the latest post. the @ makes sense to me now...

Attachments

• bash.png
    bash.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
The content of that screen cap (other than the bash shell prompts) is probably all irrelevant to us.
Agree. A light sightseeing tour through those servers and related servers did not yield anything relevant to Teslive. Was still fun. As all Tesla folks and pilots know, most of the time the enjoyment is from the journey, not the destination.

Safe to move... Maybe meaning freshly charged up?
I don't know this Nobel Klinamen character. Should that be decoded somehow? What could that stand for? (Or maybe I missed it in another post)
I started to search for Nobel Klinamen and rest or sleep and didn't find much of any use.
one of the links I found in my search was Veengle nothing of use here. on a whim I typed Tesla and came up with this video...

I think the Mechanations are getting to me...
Matybe this is the Antene they are building...

Last edited by a moderator: