Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facebook re-direct harassment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

anticitizen13.7

Not posting at TMC after 9/17/2018
Dec 22, 2012
United States
Every time I load this site, I keep getting forcibly re-directed to facebook, which presents me with an error. This is very irritating. :cursing:

It seems to be some kind of automated script that has gone awry. If I log into the forum using a stealth browser window (incognito/anti-tracker mode) the error does not occur.

[Admin Note: This turned out to be an internet wide error caused by Facebook that apparently lasted for about 30 minutes.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I load this site, I keep getting forcibly re-directed to facebook, which presents me with an error. This is very irritating. :cursing:

It seems to be some kind of automated script that has gone awry. If I log into the forum using a stealth browser window (incognito/anti-tracker mode) the error does not occur.

I think that this happens because previously you logged in Facebook. Be sure to log out correctly from Facebook before to logout from TMC. It happened also to me but I logged out from Facebook and then from TMC and I got rid of Facebook.

Well it happened to me once, but I closed the facebook window and I'm not able to repeat it. Anyone have the URL of the facebook page that came up?

There was a developer alert that went out about "February 2013 Breaking Changes migration" that were to go into effect today. Not sure if that's related or not.

Is the problem still occurring?

This happened to me both here and at the PriusChat forum.
Closed the Facebook tab (did not log out), then closed the browser (Safari). Reopened and forums are working (have not tried going to Facebook again).