Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Vehicle at Factory through Delivery with New Mobile App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked the DS person yesterday if they could turn it on when my car is shipped and he told me NO. He said they had discussed this and do not want people "playing" with the car by, for example, honking the horn or adjusting the climate controll while the car is in transit. They are concerned the battery will be drained by an owner.

You are correct, of course, but wouldn't it be a great plaything while waiting?

I was given a Feb/Mar window when I configured last month but haven't heard anything since. Every day this week I've been trying to log into the app but keep getting the "No Vehicles Linked to This My Tesla Account / Your vehicle may not be ready" message. Can't wait for delivery.

I was given a Feb/Mar window when I configured last month but haven't heard anything since. Every day this week I've been trying to log into the app but keep getting the "No Vehicles Linked to This My Tesla Account / Your vehicle may not be ready" message. Can't wait for delivery.

At least a couple weeks before the vehicle will ever start building you will get a "Delivery" button on the MyTesla page. That's the next step and what you should be watching for now. You might want to call and check. At that point they will give you a 2 week delivery window, and when you get close to that delivery window is when you start checking the app for the VIN.

Just letting you know the proper obsession order. :wink:

Just letting you know the proper obsession order. :wink:

Thanks, I thought I was jumping the gun but after seeing the screen shots and hearing people learned their VIN from the app (and the fact that my MyTesla page says the factory is building my Model S) I couldn't resist downloading it and trying to log in. Do you get an email when the delivery button arrives?

It's amazing, when I reserved in early November I didn't expect the car until July or August and was fine with that, but ever since the configure email came in mid-January I've been obsessed. First with deciding what color to go with, and now with waiting for a broad Feb/Mar window. E.g. I spend far too much time on this site, and looking at reviews, photos and videos.

Tesla has hired from Apple, Toyota and Mazda among others. Based on what I've read about some of the issues related to inconsistent delivery communications and customer experience, I think they should hire someone from DisneyWorld/Land. A bonus would be coming up with ways to distract future owners and make them feel like the wait is shorter than it is - just as they creatively arrange the lines for rides to distract kids (and their parents) and make the wait seem shorter.

Thanks, I thought I was jumping the gun but after seeing the screen shots and hearing people learned their VIN from the app (and the fact that my MyTesla page says the factory is building my Model S) I couldn't resist downloading it and trying to log in. Do you get an email when the delivery button arrives?

I noticed my delivery button on a Saturday night on the MyTesla website. I got the email Monday afternoon. :)

What day did you finalize, Config please?

Reservation Date: 10/6/2012, #12645

Configure Date: 1/7/2013
Finalized: 1/12/2013
Docusign paperwork countersigned: 1/13/2013
Delivery button: 1/25/2013
Delivery email: 1/28/2013

My window is 2/23 - 3/9.

Config:

P85, black on black, CF trim
21" wheels
all options except paint armor

On a side note, don't have my VIN, and am not that interested in it as I don't need it for anything in particular at this moment. My credit union gives me a blank check for the car (I'm already pre-approved for much more than I'm going to loan), and my current insurance gives me 30 days of insurance on any new vehicle I purchase. So when it happens, it happens.

My window is 2/23 - 3/9.
Config: P85, black on black, CF trim, 21" wheels, all options except paint armor

Wow, 10 business days from countersigned Pre-MVPA to delivery button for a P85! That would mean my delivery button should show up today! But there are a lot of sequence numbers between 12645 & 16743. Waiting… sucks.

Al, you should call them & see what's going on!

Wow, 10 business days from countersigned Pre-MVPA to delivery button for a P85!

Al, you should call them & see what's going on!

Maybe so. I seem to be in this weird calm, just patiently waiting for the process to happen. Not being pro active at all. I just have this feeling that the day it comes is the day I'm supposed to get it. As a practical matter, and assuming the numbers work out it seems I should have had a delivery window by now. There are a lot of assumptions but assuming it's all about finalize date; I should be 5 days after gsxrex. If Res numbers come into play, all bets are off. I'll be out of town through March 11th. If they give me a couple of days leeway on actual delivery, I'll be fine. I can always fly home to get the car and then go back out. If Columbus is open by then, I'm sure they'll sit on it for a few days 'til I can come and get it. It's all very exciting.

My window is 2/23 - 3/9.

Config:

P85, black on black, CF trim
21" wheels
all options except paint armor

On a side note, don't have my VIN, and am not that interested in it as I don't need it for anything in particular at this moment. My credit union gives me a blank check for the car (I'm already pre-approved for much more than I'm going to loan), and my current insurance gives me 30 days of insurance on any new vehicle I purchase. So when it happens, it happens.

I just got my delivery button!
This is all happening so fast!

1/11/13- Visited Tesla Showroom for the first time ever!
1/12/13- Test drove the Model S performance with my parents
1/14/13- Put down $5,000 deposit and reserved my car: Res. # 18,278
2/04/13- Got my 'Finalize' button, built my car: Awesome, I also received my finalize button today.
Got the finalize button at 8:34PM, Reservation #18,278. Finalized my car at 9:42
Tesla Model S Performance, Pearl White, All Glass Panoramic, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, 19" Wheels, Tan Interior, Carbon Fiber Decor, Tech Package, Sound Package, Paint Armor, Twin Chargers + High Power Wall Connector.
Initial delivery window: March/April
2/10/13- Recieved my Delivery button... Delivery Estimate March 13-March 27