Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gauging interest on NEW accessory (PICS INCLUDED)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
Have been a long time lurker and enthusiast. No reservation yet but hopefully in the near future. How many people on here would be interested in a USB stick that is made to duplicate the key fob to access your car. Would be shaped the same(minus the logos for copyright purposes) with a slide underneath for the USB stick to come out. Will have a keyring attached to put on your keychain. Would look like the pictures attached. Just trying to gauge interest before making the investment. Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Attachments

• Resized Fob.jpg
    Resized Fob.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 1,262
It's cute, I wouldn't mind having one if it was really cheap. For the car itself, however, I want something much smaller and more compact to fit in the USB slot...something that would almost sit flush.
It would be a great door prize or a give away thing at a conference or something, but if most people are like me they have about 30 thumb drives sitting around and adding another, even a cool Tesla one, isn't really that big of a deal. Not trying to speak for everyone, but that's what this 1 out of 100 viewers thought when I saw the idea.

For my Model S, I use those really tiny USB drives and would not even consider anything that was closer to the standard size. That said having one the shape of the Model S, if it weren't too expensive, would be neat to show.

Great thanks for the feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

For my Model S, I use those really tiny USB drives and would not even consider anything that was closer to the standard size. That said having one the shape of the Model S, if it weren't too expensive, would be neat to show.

Right. I haden't considered the amount of space it would protrude from the console. Thanks for the input.

Approach Tesla. This would be something for the stores, either to sell or as a give-away to visitors or reservation makers. Filled with high-res media of the car? At press events? Etc etc.

100 Views and no replies... Guess there isn't as much of an interest as I thought there would be
I realize people are used to instant gratification these days but posting at 1am and then being upset at no replies by 9am is a bit much.

"Interest" is often very price sensitive. Give us a ballpark, please. $10? $1,000? $3.50? Also, what capacity of storage? I was barely interested enough in the Tron keys to buy the 4GB variety, because the capacity was so small.

I realize people are used to instant gratification these days but posting at 1am and then being upset at no replies by 9am is a bit much.

"Interest" is often very price sensitive. Give us a ballpark, please. $10? $1,000? $3.50? Also, what capacity of storage? I was barely interested enough in the Tron keys to buy the 4GB variety, because the capacity was so small.

Agreed and thanks for the feedback. After looking at costs an 8gb would start at $20 up to a 64gb at 40-$50 they would be sliders,, come with a keychain lanyard like everyone's fob should have, and eventually come in the color to match the car.

Hello all,
Have been a long time lurker and enthusiast. No reservation yet but hopefully in the near future. How many people on here would be interested in a USB stick that is made to duplicate the key fob to access your car. Would be shaped the same(minus the logos for copyright purposes) with a slide underneath for the USB stick to come out. Will have a keyring attached to put on your keychain. Would look like the pictures attached. Just trying to gauge interest before making the investment. Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Definitely interested, cool concept...

For my Model S, I use those really tiny USB drives and would not even consider anything that was closer to the standard size.

Right. I haden't considered the amount of space it would protrude from the console. Thanks for the input.

Definitely interested, cool concept...

Matt,

As others have said this would be an interesting low cost give-away, but if the intent is to use it in a Model S the space considerations for such a large USB drive become even more of an issue if you have installed a CCI. :wink:

CCI 6.jpg

Larry

Matt,

As others have said this would be an interesting low cost give-away, but if the intent is to use it in a Model S the space considerations for such a large USB drive become even more of an issue if you have installed a CCI. :wink:

View attachment 18860

Larry

Indeed, Larry: looks like your USB wand is a good fit (as are most) but good point - the dimensions on the key fob with USB might be too long depending on exact measurements, would love to try it out...