Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
Last edited:
Just made a discovery. I have a power meter on our office charging station. The car had finished charging and after I started a cabin preheat it was showing 4A @ 200V. I checked and sure enough the green light was on and the contactors engaged. It was drawing power for the cabin heater from the EVSE!

Reactions: drdumont
Highlight of my day! Unfortunately, "remote access" is not turned on in the car(possibly because the build isn't fully completed). I plan to track the car on it's way to me in the next few days.

Highlight of my day! Unfortunately, "remote access" is not turned on in the car(possibly because the build isn't fully completed). I plan to track the car on it's way to me in the next few days.

I doubt you'll be able to; mine's on the way to Maryland and I can't track mine with it. They don't turn on remote access at the factory, which makes sense, IMHO, much as we'd all like to track our car on its path to us. ;-)

I doubt you'll be able to; mine's on the way to Maryland and I can't track mine with it. They don't turn on remote access at the factory, which makes sense, IMHO, much as we'd all like to track our car on its path to us. ;-)

Wish they would as then we'd stop bugging them for updates. I'm sure I can get the Chicago Service Center to turn it on before it makes the 600 mile trek up to me.

Just made a discovery. I have a power meter on our office charging station. The car had finished charging and after I started a cabin preheat it was showing 4A @ 200V. I checked and sure enough the green light was on and the contactors engaged. It was drawing power for the cabin heater from the EVSE!

Doug,

What type of power meter are you using, the TED5000? I'm considering buying the TED5000, they even have a remote iPhone app! It seems well built and pretty easy to install.

Doug,

What type of power meter are you using, the TED5000? I'm considering buying the TED5000, they even have a remote iPhone app! It seems well built and pretty easy to install.

What I'm using isn't a commercial product. I'm sure the TED would do a good job.

Incidentally, I tried it again with the cabin at a warmer temperature, and this time the EVSE turned on and delivered 2A. So cool - it runs from "ground power"! That will definitely save some juice on those extreme cold days.