Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually it's not a matter of a game in my opinion.
CO2 produced by ICE cars is responsible of temperature increasing in the world. As temperature increases ice at the North pole melts. As ice melts the salt concentration in the sea decreases. As the salt concentration in the sea decreases the current of the Channel decreases. When the current of the Channel will stop the North side of the Earth will get frozen.
Have you seen the film "The day after tomorrow"?
This film shows what will happen when the current of the Channel will stop. So driving pure electric is useful to save the Earth.

Do you still want to game?

Actually it's not a matter of a game in my opinion.
CO2 produced by ICE cars is responsible of temperature increasing in the world. As temperature increases ice at the North pole melts. As ice melts the salt concentration in the sea decreases. As the salt concentration in the sea decreases the current of the Channel decreases. When the current of the Channel will stop the North side of the Earth will get frozen.
Have you seen the film "The day after tomorrow"?
This film shows what will happen when the current of the Channel will stop. So driving pure electric is useful to save the Earth.

Do you still want to game?

Sorry, I don't subscribe to the man made global warming fraud.
Science is clear that temperatures increase, THEN CO2 increase. Al Bore is a giant fraud and his "documentary" is filled with it.
The CO2 produced by ICE is a tiny, tiny fraction of all CO2 produced. But I digress... :)

PS: please, don't watch a Hollywood movie and think you understand climate

Ok… I hope you can excuse (?) a mere simpleton (and Swedish at that), but now I’m a bit confused…

.../Topic here is how to respond to the people who hate EVs, not global warming.

Isn’t man made global warming/climate crisis THE number one argument for EV’s?

Science is clear that temperatures increase, THEN CO2 increase. Al Bore is a giant fraud and his "documentary" is filled with it.
The CO2 produced by ICE is a tiny, tiny fraction of all CO2 produced. But I digress... :)/...

Ok... So why is the temperature increasing then?

Here’s a conclusion of the vast majority of the scientific community – the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) – whom in 2007 said (the under linings are mine, and all footnote numbers within these {} and these [] brackets are hyperlinked at the source, which is included and linked below):

Global atmospheric concentrations of CO2, methane (CH4) and nitrous oxide (N2O) have increased markedly as a result of human activities since 1750 and now far exceed pre-industrial values determined from ice cores spanning many thousands of years. {2.2}

Atmospheric concentrations of CO2 (379ppm) and CH4 (1774ppb) in 2005 exceed by far the natural range over the last 650,000 years. Global increases in CO2 concentrations are due primarily to fossil fuel use, with land-use change providing another significant but smaller contribution. It is very likely that the observed increase in CH4 concentration is predominantly due to agriculture and fossil fuel use. CH4 growth rates have declined since the early 1990s, consistent with total emissions (sum of anthropogenic and natural sources) being nearly constant during this period. The increase in N2O concentration is primarily due to agriculture. {2.2}

There is very high confidence that the net effect of human activities since 1750 has been one of warming.[6] {2.2}

Most of the observed increase in global average temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic GHG [greenhouse gas (my edit)] concentrations.[7] It is likely that there has been significant anthropogenic warming over the past 50 years averaged over each continent (except Antarctica) (Figure SPM.4). {2.4}

Source: AR4 SYR Synthesis Report Summary for Policymakers - 2 Causes of change

@Kaviball: What do you base your belief on?

Last edited:
The CO2 produced by ICE is a tiny, tiny fraction of all CO2 produced. But I digress... :)

PS: please, don't watch a Hollywood movie and think you understand climate

This is certainly one approach to take. To me it's a bit like saying that you don't subscribe to the microbial theory of disease because you can't see the little critters. And that will work fine until you get pneumonia.

Neither of us are climate scientists, so arguing the science is unlikely help. However, if we continue to ignore the ever louder cries of the climate scientists, we do so at our peril. As I see it, the risks of ignoring climate change is much higher than the risk of acting.

New lingo... more "politically correct".

CO2 ? ...... what every happened to CO, POLLUTION and deforestation; the real problem IMHO.
Power of the media is amazing.

It sure is (!) According to Fox News et al. – all it takes is 0,1 % of the scientific community and viola – there’s still a debate (!) Kind of like debating whether the sky at noon on a sunny day is blue or pink… Really amazing…

Last edited:
Reactions: MrABRanch