Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temporary, Inexpensive Storage Solution/Cup Holders & Change Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All -

Needed a temporary storage solution for the opportunity console area with some concealed storage and pockets/cup holder. I also wanted a change holder rather than keep loose change in the existing cup holders.... Here's what I came up with from Amazon - about $25 total

Change holder:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRO4IK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Soft Mini Storage:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CTPWXW/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00

Change Holder in Cup Holder & Soft Mini Storage in Opportunity area:
IMG_0637.jpg

Closeup of Change Holder:
IMG_0641.jpg

Magnetic flap - concealed area:
IMG_0640.jpg

PS -

If anyone's wondering why I have a separate charger in the 12v accessory power with my iPhone cable, I have one of those 32gb Sandisk flash drives in USB1 with my music (800 songs) and a 500gb USB Hard Drive in USB2 with my partners 40,000+ song (~205gb) complete iTunes library (ripped from his own CD's no less - talk about a music fan!)

Aaron

I use the driver door recess that you pull to close the door as my coin holder. Having coins may not be necessary in a couple of years anyway as all the tolls go to FasTrak or EZpass and most parking meters around where I drive to are going to credit card readers. The soft mini storage does look useful though. How is its function so far?

Hey Guys....

@bill b - I live in Yonkers, right near Sarah Lawrence College/Cross County Center. Have had my Model S for a week -- and what a week!

@smd - I'm *all over* the place for work, and I don't think change meters are evaporating as quickly as I'd like - trust me! I need this!

@kinddog - Just received it today and put it in the car, so I can't say *yet*. EZPass isn't working ANYWHERE! I've tried every place every Tesla employee and owner has suggested to no avail. Mine is a few years old, so perhaps the battery isn't strong enough. As soon as I get my final registration, I'm switching to a NY Port Authority Green EZPass... 10% discount and all Port Authority Bridges & Tunnels are only $4.75 off peak! (I do a lot of bridge/tunnel crossings off peak for work).

EZPass:

http://www.panynj.gov/bridges-tunnels/e-zpass.html

Aaron

Option for Tesla Cup Holder in the Console (clean and easy insert that looks OEM?)

So, it appears that the consoles (most likely) won't be out until much later this year. I have an urgent need (every day) to carry a cup of coffee and also a protein shake (shake made in a ready-to-go cup from the Magic Bullet. The Bullet doesn't fit in the existing Tesla cupholder. I'e ordered the following cup holder from ebay. It's OEM for Chevy/GM/Cadillac SUV/Truck vehicles. I'm going to velcro the bottom and place it in the existing console trough. It should work, looks good (at least in the pics - and doesn't look like DIY.. at least that's the hope). I've got the black/carbon fiber interior, so it should fit nicely and fade away. I'll get it by this Friday and will test out over the weekend.
IMG_9726.JPG
IMG_9725.JPG
IMG_9721.JPG
IMG_9720.JPG
$(KGrHqUOKicE3KsE5pheBN3wbFpZ8w~~_1.JPG

photo.JPG
The cup holder arrived last night and I installed it this morning. Installation took all of about 3 minutes - long enough for me to attach two squares of velcro to the side of the cupholder and then attach it to the center console in the car. I might add a little more velcro, since (unfortunately) velcro doesn't attach to the car's carpet (surprised on that!). Here's a photo of the final product. This'll work until Tesla comes out with their big ones later this year.

I will add that I think this cup holder works well because it has finished sides and bottom, so it doesn't look like it's a DIY solution (at least as much as the soft bags that folks have inserted).