Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Pre-Price Increase/Ready-To-Configure Reservation For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that theModel S is awesome and represents the car of the future. I put down my $5,000deposit nearly a year ago, and test drove it last summer. As many of you know it is fast, amazingly quiet, spacious andtotally advanced in every way. Unfortunately, I recently had a serious medical issue that will postpone my purchase. Simplyput, I want to trade my reservation now for a future one, as I do plan to buy one before too long.

Surely there is someone who wants the car ASAP but missed the cut-off for the $2500 price increase. What I am looking to do is have that person pay that price increase (or some significant portion thereof) to me and jump the line to get a Model S far more quickly. I will then pay that back to Tesla when I buy a post-price increase Model S. Of course, if the buyer wants a Performance Model S with 21" wheels and performance tires, he or she will save the $3500 that Tesla is now charging for that.

Time is of the essence the car must be configured by February 6, 2013. Please reply or email me if interested.

To Muttley's point... If your after a Performance model, you'll avoid a $6000 price jump - if you want the 21"wheels with it. $2500 base price increase (avoided) + $3500 worth of wheels (included).

Assumes Tesla will allow swapping reservations though?

To Muttley's point... If your after a Performance model, you'll avoid a $6000 price jump - if you want the 21"wheels with it. $2500 base price increase (avoided) + $3500 worth of wheels (included).

Assumes Tesla will allow swapping reservations though?

I have indications that Tesla will allow someone else to take over this reservation given the circumstances. To save several grand, its worth finding out.

He wants to offer someone who have reserved after the price increase his reservation from before the increase at the price of the increase - so he can use that money to get a increased-price-car for the not increased-car-price.

Its not really that difficult.

This is a good and honest way to resolve the situation.

_____
Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

Sorry to be the debbie downer here. maybe I read this wrong, but the way I understood it there may be a problem with the above informal swapping scenario. Legally if OP takes delivery then sells to other person for the "$6500 discounted" price, only the OP could claim the $7500 rebate and the other person would be screwed unless that is taken into account. It gets a little funny. Fed law states original owner only for the rebate. I don't know how they determine this - if that's based on the track record of the title or if its based on first person who registers it. In any case, I would make sure there was something in the contract to take that into account to make sure nobody gets screwed.

He wants to offer someone who have reserved after the price increase his reservation from before the increase at the price of the increase - so he can use that money to get a increased-price-car for the not increased-car-price.

Its not really that difficult.

This is a good and honest way to resolve the situation.
_____
Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

Thank you. Laumb, you and Andrewket are correct. Hopeful this can be a win-win situation.