Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MSP85 *DESTROYS* a Chevy Volt .. Epic Drag Racing BEATDOWN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It wasn't an actual race. If it had been it would have been a bracket race and the Volt would have started ~5 seconds before the Model S.

At a drag strip you pull into staging lanes and get in line. When it's just time trials you often are just matched randomly with someone from another line.

Agreed this is not a fair comparison. The volt was not designed as a performance car. However, there is a guy just starting to get into software modding of his 2013. He claims to have gotten 5.5 0-60 time. Yet to take it to the track and it's with the engine running.

GM-Volt forum thread
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread...pport-in-efilive-to-tune-your-car-yourselves.

Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/wait4meperformance

Dave

So he's running the generator when he does this? As it's not providing direct drive to the wheels, why? Or did he modify that?

So he's running the generator when he does this? As it's not providing direct drive to the wheels, why? Or did he modify that?

Yes he's running the generator. I don't think it's providing direct drive to the wheels. That is only in very rare cases in the Volt, (i.e. low battery and high speed) and I don't think he's hitting the low battery here.

Most don't know exactly what he's doing yet, other than remapping some of the throttle and RPM tables. This is all new to me, so maybe following the thread over on gm-volt site would provide you with more insight. I just find it neat to watch what can be done with the car on a software only mod/hack. Will be very interesting to see what kind of track speeds and dyno results he gets. He is supposed to try that this weekend (Dyno)....

What a terrible angle to shoot that video! I have absolutely no sense for just how bad of a butt kicking that really was (and I'm sure it was an EPIC butt kicking).

Drag races are not normally shot from behind are they? Doesn't it make more sense to place the camera at the finish line?!?