Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How accurate are the delivery date windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my experience is you'll have the paperwork and pay for your car before the end of the window -- actually receiving it in the window is a different story. (I suppose Tesla does still have 2 days on mine, but given I haven't heard anything in a week since they were paid, i'm not counting on it)

my experience is you'll have the paperwork and pay for your car before the end of the window -- actually receiving it in the window is a different story. (I suppose Tesla does still have 2 days on mine, but given I haven't heard anything in a week since they were paid, i'm not counting on it)
Interesting. I'm also in Washington. I asked about wiring the remainder of my down payment, and was just told by my PS (because as far as I know, I still don't have a DS 6 days into my delivery window) that I can simply pay by check when I take delivery. My understanding is that pre-payment is only necessary where Tesla has to direct ship (such as to Texas).

Scott I talked to USAA yesterday, got the loan approved and asked about the loan expiration. It didn't seem like it would be a big problem. The USAA guy told me to call back and they would extend the date if needed. Question for you, did you try to use the car buying service to lower the rate? The USAA guy told me to go ahead and select the Tesla Roadster (only option in the pull down menu) and it would work, but the website would say "no dealer in your area", even though I plugged in zip codes for my home, Wash DC, and Fremont, CA!

Thanks, I didnt try since it only said roadster but I'll give it another shot...

Thanks for the extension info, too.

Also when I was applying it said I would receive a .25% discount if the payments withdrew directly from my USAA checking account -- I didnt see that discount on the paperwork though -- maybe that comes later? Did you see that? Guess I'll give them a call.

Scott I talked to USAA yesterday, got the loan approved and asked about the loan expiration. It didn't seem like it would be a big problem. The USAA guy told me to call back and they would extend the date if needed. Question for you, did you try to use the car buying service to lower the rate? The USAA guy told me to go ahead and select the Tesla Roadster (only option in the pull down menu) and it would work, but the website would say "no dealer in your area", even though I plugged in zip codes for my home, Wash DC, and Fremont, CA!

Also when I was applying it said I would receive a .25% discount if the payments withdrew directly from my USAA checking account -- I didnt see that discount on the paperwork though -- maybe that comes later? Did you see that? Guess I'll give them a call.

Same here. My final rate was 2.25%, no discount showing for the direct withdrawal although I checked the box in the application. Hoping it shows up once the loan is finalized/check signed.

Let me know if you are able to get the car buying quote. I just called and she claims if the car isn't listed I can't get the discount (I also wasn't able to get it to find any dealers in any areas) -- and she said the 2.25 already includes the .25% discount for direct withdrawal, which I also don't believe, because that's what was quoted before I selected the direct withdrawal.

I am also at 2.25% for 5 years on $90k. Would love to get it down to 2 or below, but still a pretty dirt cheap rate. (I don't qualify for penfed).

Same here. My final rate was 2.25%, no discount showing for the direct withdrawal although I checked the box in the application. Hoping it shows up once the loan is finalized/check signed.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like she was right, it says "Rates are subject to change. To qualify for our lowest loan rates, you must have excellent credit and sign up for automatic payments."

I would still love to get the additional discount somehow for using their car buying service (I've used it before) for the Model S...

usaa.jpg

Interesting. I'm also in Washington. I asked about wiring the remainder of my down payment, and was just told by my PS (because as far as I know, I still don't have a DS 6 days into my delivery window) that I can simply pay by check when I take delivery. My understanding is that pre-payment is only necessary where Tesla has to direct ship (such as to Texas).

I financed about half the car, and for me to even get to the point of signing the final MVPA I had to provide my additional deposit amount (so it would show the amount being financed as the amount due).
I could have waited til I got the car to give them the bank's part of the payment, but given the car had already been done for a week I didn't think it would be too much difference in time. Time will tell, I am paying for interest already of course.

I have USAA for all of that as well and would prefer to stay with them as they are great to deal with.

FYI... I called USAA today and told them about PenFed's 1.49% rate. They dug around to see what they could do to lower my 2.25% loan ($90k/60mo), and they gave me 1.48% for the same ($90k/60mos). I love USAA!

I haven't yet, and not sure I will. I have pretty much every penny of mine cycled through USAA (banking, investments, insurance, etc) and like the convenience. I have to decide if that is worth the few hundred in savings spread over 5 years.

Hoping to see my Multi Coat Red 60kwh Tesla S in my driveway in 2-3 weeks! Although this in an older thread, I just wanted to verify that USAA took care of me as they did for carrerascott! Got them down to 1.49% (from 1.99%) on a $75k/36 mo loan. It took finally calling and talking to the right person (Sherry in Phoenix) but in one phone call I got a loan, insurance and even printed a blank check to give to Tesla when I get the car. I LOVE USAA. If you are a member in good standing, don't give up if you don't get what you want the first time you call.

Last edited: