Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transparent Roadster Top

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered this glass top a few weeks ago and it arrived Thursday. I couldn't wait to install it and see how it looked/fit. It is awesome! I only wish today was a typical Arizona day instead of the rain that's coming down or I would have better pictures. This is the best I could do, within my garage, that shows how it fits and how you can see through from the outside in. It is very dark from the outside - almost black so it blends in nicely with the CF rollbar - which is not covered up as with the Tesla hardtops. I can tell you that from the inside looking out, it is like a very dark blue tint. If any of you are familiar with the glass tops on Corvettes it is very similar. Once the weather clears I will take more pictures to include how it mounts.

Visium Tesla Top.JPG

I ordered this top from this web site.

man that's good to know. I have the CF hardtop but would love this also...might be overkill to have two tops though!

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm just looked back at the original thread and wiztecy's need to modify it.

can you read the post and see if those areas fit better on yours?
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/7560-Clear-hardtop-on-EBay/page7?highlight=Visium

man that's good to know. I have the CF hardtop but would love this also...might be overkill to have two tops though!

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm just looked back at the original thread and wiztecy's need to modify it.

can you read the post and see if those areas fit better on yours?
Clear hardtop on EBay - Page 7

Yes I knew that wiztecy had to work on the Visium hard top to make it fit to the Roadster. Maybe that Maurizio (Visium employee or owner I don't know) made some changes to the top to make it fit so good to the Roadster. Next week I'll call Maurizio and ask him about this matter.
Then I was looking to the thread that you mentioned and it looked to me that wiztecy's hard top is a little bit more transparent than Fabrizio's hard top but maybe that I had the wrong impression because wiztecy's pics were in the sunshine unlike Fabrizio.
As I told I will ask more details on this subject to Maurizio next week.

Last edited:
I read wiztecy's thread as well. One thing to keep in mind is that the Roadster is hand made as well. Therefore, there are slight variations from Roadster to Roadster. I was even told by my Tesla service rep that the fit of the body panels on my Rpadster was better than most of the others he had seen. Mine is a 2.5 so Tesla/Lotus may have improved the fit by the time mine was assembled. Hard to say. I have spoken with Maurizio, and I can tell you he takes a lot of pride in his work. Even the way the crate with the top came packaged in its wooden crate showed a level of attention to detail that comes with pride in one's work.

Raffy - Maurizio is not too far from you, perhaps you could visit his shop?

I believe my Visium top was off in fitment. My soft top fits perfect, same with the stock hardtop. I don't believe Tesla's dimensions are off.

The odd thing about my Visium top, the door seals were too short, but then the clear top was too long... just the opposite.

Like I mentioned in the previous thread, there's no difference between the Lotus Elise roof dimensions vs. the Telsa Roadster's.

I can do some measurements of mine vs. Farizio's if that helps.

One thing to remember, you definitely need the shower cap for this top. The cockpit can get hot when the car sits and any sun you can filter out of the cabin will keep it in the best of shape.

Its my favorite top by far, like flying an F-15 since you can see up and around very well. Drives at night are amazing, especially when the moon is right above you now in sight!

Happy the top fits without any mods :)

Last edited:
I read wiztecy's thread as well. One thing to keep in mind is that the Roadster is hand made as well. Therefore, there are slight variations from Roadster to Roadster. I was even told by my Tesla service rep that the fit of the body panels on my Rpadster was better than most of the others he had seen. Mine is a 2.5 so Tesla/Lotus may have improved the fit by the time mine was assembled. Hard to say. I have spoken with Maurizio, and I can tell you he takes a lot of pride in his work. Even the way the crate with the top came packaged in its wooden crate showed a level of attention to detail that comes with pride in one's work.

Raffy - Maurizio is not too far from you, perhaps you could visit his shop?

I am in contact with Maurizio. I can call him and visit his shop. PM me if a TMC member needs to contact him for any reason.

Here are some pictures with better weather. I took pictures of where the front and back of the roof meet the body, showing the gap as well as the weather stripping on the drivers side with door open, closed and window up. I will gladly take measurements and share, if you let me know which dimensions you want measured.

driver side door closed.jpg
driver side door open.jpg
driver side window up.jpg
passenger side rear.jpg
passenger side front.jpg
inside looking out.jpg

I have just spoken with Maurizio. He explained to me that lately the Visium hard top has been slightly changed to make it fit better to the Lotus Elise. That's why Fabrizio didn't have the problems that Dennis (wiztecy) had. Anyway this evening Maurizio will look at the pictures and tomorrow he will let me know his opinion on this matter.

Fabrizio: great pics! I'm very interested in this hardtop, but waiting to hear a price. Does it attach the same as the Tesla hardtop? I'm wondering if its shorter and possibly uses the soft top mounting points, it might not require a tool and/or might be easier to take on and off. Does the install or removal require 2 people like the Tesla hardtop?
michael

I spoke with Maurizio two hours ago. He told me that the price of the Visium hard top is 2350 euros delivering to the USA included. He also explained to me that the top is made of polycarbonate. For this reason the top has elastic properties.
TMC members feel free to PM me if some more information is required from Maurizio.

This is great.

About a year ago we were trying to get the Visium guys to test fit their roof at the Geneva motor show and later at the Tesla Milan store.

Despite some direct emails we didn't get anywhere and finally I ordered the clearcoat CF roof from Tesla Motors. I would have happily bought the Visium roof if they had tested it first.

I have to wonder though why you need a clear roof in Arizona... There must be about 5 days in the whole year where it isn't warm and sunny there! ;)

Mark