Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blinder HP-950 Laser Deflector , poor man's Parking Sensor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Blinder System has the option to be switched to a front and rear parking sensor. Has anyone installed this system? The laser jamming performance looks very impressive, and it is likely worth purchasing just for that. I am curious if the parking assist mode is an adequate stop gap until Tesla figures out the parking assist retrofit.

The Blinder System has the option to be switched to a front and rear parking sensor. Has anyone installed this system? The laser jamming performance looks very impressive, and it is likely worth purchasing just for that. I am curious if the parking assist mode is an adequate stop gap until Tesla figures out the parking assist retrofit.

If you back into your garage just draw a line or marking of some sort on the floor that lines up with the bottom of the rear view cam at the stop point like this guy http://t.co/pCSuLmMG

I've had this system on a vehicle, but it was not designed primarily as a parking sensor. I believe that anyone who bought this as a parking sensor would be dissapointed. It would give an auditory warning when something SOLID is within about 3 feet. I beleive this function was added to give a legal and valid reason for installation in those states that don't allow laser jammers.

I've had this system on a vehicle, but it was not designed primarily as a parking sensor. I believe that anyone who bought this as a parking sensor would be dissapointed. It would give an auditory warning when something SOLID is within about 3 feet. I beleive this function was added to give a legal and valid reason for installation in those states that don't allow laser jammers.

Yep, that is how it was explained to me as well.