Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What EV Charge Station Memberships are PNW Tesla Owners using?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering what EV charge station memberships PNW Tesla Owners are using? Expecting delivery of our Model S in April. Will frequently make trips to/from Bend, OR and various OR coast destinations; and probably quarterly or so to Seattle, WA. Not worried about local charging in PDX w/the 85kw pack, but am concerned about recharging once we reach our destinations in Seattle and Bend/Sunriver....

Blink membership for Seattle? Already signed up for AeroVironment Membership for the West Coast Electric Highway...

Are there others that we should join?

Also, does anyone know if the Tesla Roadster Charging Station @ the Burgerville in Centrallia is available for public use? It's not listed on Plugshare...

Thanks

Although I never use them (the Model S has plenty of range around town, and on road trips I use faster chargers than the networks typically offer, like the Roadster HPCs discussed below. When not available, I use a 40A campground outlet rather than a 30A charging station), I've got cards/fobs for Aerovironment, Blink and Chargepoint. I think there's another one (Semaconnect?) popular in the Portland area.

The 70A 208V Roadster HPC at Burgerville in Centralia is indeed available for public use - I just used it last week. But because it has a Roadster connector, you will need Tesla's $650 adapter (which never seems to be in stock) to be able to use it with your Model S. There are similar Roadster chargers in Eugene OR, Canyonville OR, Yreka CA, Orland CA, Ellensburg WA and Ferndale WA. See a map HERE.

The 70A 208V Roadster HPC at Burgerville in Centralia is indeed available for public use - I just used it last week. But because it has a Roadster connector, you will need Tesla's $650 adapter (which never seems to be in stock) to be able to use it with your Model S. There are similar Roadster chargers in Eugene OR, Canyonville OR, Yreka CA, Orland CA, Ellensburg WA and Ferndale WA. See a map HERE.

Thanks! Looks like Tesla will get $100K out of me yet....Roadster adapter; future CHaDMeO adapter....

Appreciate the map link too!

the Blink network is so unreliable that I am considering boycotting them. they have squandered an amazing amount of public funding to produce a DC fast charger that is down/broken more than they are in service it seems ... it's pathetic and it's been a problem from day one with no solution in site. a real shame.

It makes more sense after reading this: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7285&hilit=the+blink+story%20seems%20they%20brought%20this%20one%20on%20themselves.

Aerovirnment DC chargers seem much more reliable. I have all the cards after owning a Leaf. there is also the electric avenue in Portland that requires a separate membership. might be worth it to you to get that.

fingers crossed that Tesla will truly come out with a CHAdeMO adapter... there are sooo many stations in the PNW!

Has anyone heard what the time frame is for a Super Charger in Washington between Seattle/Tacoma and Portland? I ready several posts about potential locations with everyone guessing/hoping for Centralia or Castle Rock, however I'm more interested in the time frame. I don't want to invest in a Roadster adapter for $650 if a Super Charger is comming in a few months. My MS is due in March.

When Tesla announced the Supercharger (last Sep? after sigs had to lock in, something I'm still not pleased with) they showed a map with one in WA and said that would be in "within two years".

I think they are trying to get it done faster (I know they were asking around about locations a few months ago) but a lot of Tesla projects take longer than they first think. So...nobody knows.

By the way, from your location you can make it to the Tigard store even in bad weather. They currently have a Roadster adapter that they will let customers use; and I imagine before long they will have HPWCs installed so no adapter is needed. So that could be another option, depending on where you are going.

Another option is to use CHAdeMO chargers; they are all over in WA and OR and a LOT faster than L2 charging...but that's waiting on Tesla's CHAdeMO adapter, and there's no word on when that might be available either.

So yeah, for now I'm using the Roadster adapter and just waiting to hear about Supercharger installations or a CHAdeMO adapter.

Has anyone heard what the time frame is for a Super Charger in Washington between Seattle/Tacoma and Portland? I ready several posts about potential locations with everyone guessing/hoping for Centralia or Castle Rock, however I'm more interested in the time frame. I don't want to invest in a Roadster adapter for $650 if a Super Charger is comming in a few months. My MS is due in March.
I posted this in one of the supercharger threads and I can't seem to find it so I'll just repost it here in case it's of interest.

It's an overlay of the Tesla supercharger map (red near-term, gray long-term) on a standard map (also showing the route from Seattle to Spokane):

SuperchargersWashingtonOregon2.png

Centralia looks pretty likely in this overlay.

The red dots are "within two years".
Tesla Unveils its Supercharger Network: : TreeHugger

I was just at the local Tesla showroom and was told that the Superchargers will be across from the Starbucks in Centralia (west of I-5) and in Ellensberg. I forgot the third location. Sorry:redface:
That's awesome! That's within walking distance of Fort Borst park (for the kids) as well as all the restaurants and shops. If they have an actual site picked out, does that mean it will open soon?

Are you sure they said Ellensburg? That's on the I-90 corridor which they said they wouldn't be doing for 5 years...

I was just at the local Tesla showroom and was told that the Superchargers will be across from the Starbucks in Centralia (west of I-5) and in Ellensberg. I forgot the third location. Sorry:redface:
Ellensburg you say? Cool. The supposed Cle Elum AV charger either doesn't exist or is behind a "service vehicles only" gate. As such, I'm never visiting that place again -- Ellensburg had 3x chargepoint and a Roadster HPC at just the one location I visited.

- - - Updated - - -

Sidenote: Hopefully bonnie or one of the "knows some insiders" forum folks can chime in -- is there a mailing list or somesuch we can join that will send out notifications when new superchargers are installed? I'll definitely be visiting Centralia (and Ellensburg) when (if) they get a supercharger.

Hrm. I was hoping the Centralia supercharger would be over by Burgerville and Riverside Park - lots of playground equipment there for the kids and shade for summer afternoon stops.

I hope the 3rd location is north of Seattle on the way to Vancouver. Here are the approximate distances:

1. Seattle to Bellingham: 90 miles
2. Seattle to Ellensburg: 100 miles
3. Seattle to Centralia: 90 miles

These locations seem pretty good for all the major destinations as shown below. Although Spokane is a bit far away and Pullman is definitely too far from Ellensburg

SuperCharger and Destinations.png

So I stopped in Centralia today and did a walk around the Starbucks/Safeway parking lot. Sorry to say that I did not find evidence of construction anywhere. Just eyeballing the property, I suspect the superchargers would most likely be located between the Safeway and it's gas station (seems most logical). I hope this lack of activity means that installation is super quick and easy.

Great map Francis. I have been over this quite a few times as well. They may need to add one in the Tri-Cities or Umatilla, Hermiston or Pendleton to cover SW Washington and NW Oregon better. Maybe one in Moses Lake or Ritzville (would cover 395 up from the Tri-Cities too) for travel along 90. Ritzville would cover the trip to Pullman nicely too.

They're also going to need one East of Portland on 84. The Dalles or maybe Biggs Junction are about halfway between Portland and Pendleton.

Are there any discussions about Oregon placements? I'd love to be able to get to Bend! ;)

I hope the 3rd location is north of Seattle on the way to Vancouver. Here are the approximate distances:

1. Seattle to Bellingham: 90 miles
2. Seattle to Ellensburg: 100 miles
3. Seattle to Centralia: 90 miles

These locations seem pretty good for all the major destinations as shown below. Although Spokane is a bit far away and Pullman is definitely too far from Ellensburg

View attachment 17014