Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't view profiles with new account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a long-time lurker on the forums but just created an account now that my delivery is approaching.

While browsing, I tried to go to a profile for recent forum posts, I was given a "permission denied" message. I had to log out to be able to view the profile.

Is this intentional? It seems odd that an account (even if newly-created) would have fewer permissions than browsing without being logged in.

I'm a long-time lurker on the forums but just created an account now that my delivery is approaching.

While browsing, I tried to go to a profile for recent forum posts, I was given a "permission denied" message. I had to log out to be able to view the profile.

Is this intentional? It seems odd that an account (even if newly-created) would have fewer permissions than browsing without being logged in.

I agree that it is not fair that you have more permissions without being logged in. But it is correct that criteria are given for permissions. I would consider fair that permissions were given to TMC members according to their number of posts and their reputation points.