Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Model S vs. E63 AMG Mercedes 0-110 mph race

Quote Originally Posted by fiksegts View Post
    there isn't a production car in the world at ANY price that can come close to that.... the $2.5M Veyron Super Sport can get 0-60 MPH in ~2.5 seconds on a good day with traction....
    It's good to have goals. "We want to build the best car in the world" was said about the Model S. Did they achieve it? Some say yes, many say no. Does it matter whether they actually achieved it? No. Does it matter that they had that as the goal/target? Definitely. If you don't aim high, you definitely won't achieve it; if you do and fall a little short, that can still be pretty damn remarkable.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by fiksegts View Post
    there isn't a production car in the world at ANY price that can come close to that.... the $2.5M Veyron Super Sport can get 0-60 MPH in ~2.5 seconds on a good day with traction....
    Let's see when test results from the Rimac Concept_One start apperaring... I know they have delivered one car, but they did it in "secrecy" per request of the buyer... though I don't think you buy that kind of car to not show it off. So I guess we'll be hearing more soon. Now, if the Rimac is a "production car" or not we can argue, I think it's priced in the range of the Veyron though. Is the Veyron a production car? I know it is road legal at least.

Rimac Automobili delivers first electric supercar, cant let us see it
    Best of 2012: The First $1M Electric Supercar: Video - Bloomberg
    Models S EU P#389 - P85 blue, twin chargers, pano roof, 19" wheels, tech pack, security pack, winter pack, black leather interior. Delivered Sept 5th 2013. - Model X EU P#5 reservation -

Thread Information