Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should Tesla awards game trophy feature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw the Volt does something with along these lines,
They have an electronic award for 50 miles electric on a charge, and 1000 miles driven in pure EV mode.

I'm thinking it would be cool for Tesla to do the same thing
I'm thinking awards would be like:
10 miles below 250 Wh/mile
10 miles over projected range, 20 miles, 50 miles, etc

Any thoughts or ideas, and also have an electronic hall of fame for those registered.

Nissan does something similar for LEAF owners...

nissan_leaf_carwings-580x343.jpg

I would love to 'opt in' to a system like this...

LEAF owners hate the fact that they have to "opt in" each time they start the car.
The "Push OK to confirm" button on the touch screen.
Some mumblings that they have to do it every time (not just once) because different people could drive the car and their legal dept wants them to make sure that all drivers "opt in".

LEAF owners hate the fact that they have to "opt in" each time they start the car.
The "Push OK to confirm" button on the touch screen.
Some mumblings that they have to do it every time (not just once) because different people could drive the car and their legal dept wants them to make sure that all drivers "opt in".

Oh I meant opt in once. Then hit an ok for things to get posted to the public. I don't really want me averaging 100mph for an hour to show up anywhere.

Seriously?

Sorry, I just think Tesla has better things to do.

I think it's just simply a matter of profit. If the amount of money it would cost to implement such a system will result in enough increased sales to generate a profit, it'll be worth it... just hire a few people to work on it.

Around 2006 when the Xbox 360 and PS3 were just coming out, a lot of people would buy the 360 version of a game (like Call of Duty) because it had Achievements. PS3 quickly copied them with something called Trophies. It certainly generated profit for the Xbox.

That being said, off the top of my head, I would think that such a thing would not generate profit for Tesla. I believe those "games" for the Volt and Leaf were meant more to make you forget the fact that the performance of those cars is pretty bad for what you're paying. For Tesla, a statistics page would be nice, but I don't think a trophy system would generate a profit.

I'm the OP of that other thread, and I still think that achievements are a great idea. I'd prefer it to be an option to turn on/off that is persistent across drives, possibly linked to your driver profile so your significant other can get his/her own achievements too.

Is there a way to get this idea to Tesla directly for consideration? I won't have my car for a couple more months, but I imagine I'll miss out on a ton of opportunities for "points" in the first few months ;-)

I'm the OP of that other thread, and I still think that achievements are a great idea. I'd prefer it to be an option to turn on/off that is persistent across drives, possibly linked to your driver profile so your significant other can get his/her own achievements too.

Is there a way to get this idea to Tesla directly for consideration? I won't have my car for a couple more months, but I imagine I'll miss out on a ton of opportunities for "points" in the first few months ;-)

They read the forum.