Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indianapolis, IN Charging Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to take a 5 day trip to Indianapolis (from the Cincinnati area) on Thursday. I should have plenty of juice to make it, but I'll need to charge up for my daily driving and the trip home.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of public chargers and/or hotels with charging capabilities in the area? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

There are many more chargers in Indy than in Cincy. Most are run by IPL, and charge a flat $2.50 per charge. Plugshare is pretty well populated for Indy. If you are in a pinch and need a top off, I live in Harrison (you will drive essentially right by my house) and have a 14-50 in my garage, just IM me for contact info if you need it.

I recommend getting a chargepoint card. There are a lot of chargepoint stations downtown, and IPL ones also. Checkout plug share.com and find a downtown hotel near a parking garage with a chargepoint station. Better yet, get a hotel near two stations in case one location has been ICEd.

GSP

dave, the garage across the street from my office (Denison parking: Park in Indianapolis, IN | Merchants | Denison Parking Inc.) has 4 chargers. 2 on the first floor and 2 on the 7th floor. This is 2 blocks south of Monument Circle downtown. Pay the parking fee, and charging is only $2.50 per day. I have never seen them ICE'd, although there are a few leafs and misc Indianapolis Power and Light EVs that plug in. I'll walk over there today and get the registration phone number off the charger so you can get signed up.

If you are staying in a hotel. Be sure to bring up the fact that you need EV charging so they might consider it in the future. Best to speak with the director of operations or someone similar about it. Good luck. Glad you found a place to charge.

Phone number to pay at this charger is 888-235-4976. I ordered a key fob, but you can also just pay by credit card over the phone when you arrive. They are a little slow on the phone, but will get you taken care of. The two 1st floor chargers are taken today with Indianapolis Power's Think EVs that are NOT plugged in, which is often the case. But I went upstairs to the 7th floor and both chargers are open.

- - - Updated - - -

All of IPL's downtown Indianapolis charging facilities can be found here: http://evnet.avinc.com/evportal/ipl/findchargingstations.aspx

Phone number to pay at this charger is 888-235-4976. I ordered a key fob, but you can also just pay by credit card over the phone when you arrive. They are a little slow on the phone, but will get you taken care of. The two 1st floor chargers are taken today with Indianapolis Power's Think EVs that are NOT plugged in, which is often the case. But I went upstairs to the 7th floor and both chargers are open.

- - - Updated - - -

All of IPL's downtown Indianapolis charging facilities can be found here: Find Charging Stations

Found the garage thanks. The contrast between these two cars cracked me up. I had to take a picture!

Ugh, will have to post later. Can't upload from phone.

Still have this pic? Saw the Think EVs downtown recently, reminded me of this.

The angle on the picture doesn't really show the enormous size difference between the two cars. It was rather funny!

2013-01-24 21.58.49-1.jpg