Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 week delivery window, but no VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my 2 week window is about to start and I have no VIN yet. Is this normal? I would think the car should be built now if the delivery window is good. Tesla said I was on track for that window as of last week.

I would call them...my DS told me I should expect to receive VIN 3-7 days before the window begins...maybe there is a hold up.

Ditto for me, same delivery window. I did get an email in response to my query from a DS in California at Tesla (Andy Victor), saying "the delivery range you have been given is a good indicator of when your car will be delivered."

I was told my VIN was available 4 days before my window started 1/15 -- window 1/19-2/2 (but I didn't see it til the next day when the docusign paperwork came). And on 1/18 I was told the car was 'done', waiting for shipment.
It was probably available a couple days before that based on notes here.

hey Mikki. you so fine. you so fine, you blow my mind. hey Mikki... you have inspired me to make another call to Tesla today. But it makes me feel like a nag. I sometimes wonder if my DS hates me. I always try to play it cool, like it's no big deal that I was told to get ready for delivery in December and now we're heading into late January and there is still no VIN or any sign that the car is actually going to be made. But it's a big deal to me. I can't sleep. I keep dreaming about this stupid car and I keep coming to this website like an OCD patient. The DS can not influence anything about the car's production schedule. They are truly like the Apple store kids in blue t-shirts. Friendly as hell but mostly worthless and you kind of get the feeling like the friendliness isn't genuine, but rather a directive from their boss to "deliver a better customer service experience than anything else out there". yawn.

Just called and they had my VIN for me...#4065. Said I am still on track for delivery between 1/26 and 2/9 (closer to 2/9). She told me the VIN is issued in the early stage of production, and the car should be ready to be on a truck in about 7 days -- enroute to Chicago, then DS to Indianapolis. Hard to believe they'll make it here by 2/9...

85kwh, gray, gray leather, air suspension, studio sound, 19" wheels, body color roof. Reservation #P2619 (yes, I finalized months after I was invited).