Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
Hey multi-red owners...

I thought it would be interesting to track multi-red orders in an effort to provide all of us more visibility into the delivery process. Multi-red is supposed to go into production in March, but Tesla has not stated if that is March 1st or some other time during the month. We also don't know if Tesla is going to feather multi-red orders into the existing queue, or if come March ~1st all the backlogged multi-red orders with sequence numbers lower than the current will be moved to the top of the queue. IE, will Tesla only make multi-red cars for a week to catch up? Doubtful, but that's why I thought it would be interesting for us to track multi-red separately for a few months.

If you would like to participate, please add your information to the spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Andrew

I have included my data as well.

There seems to be a number of threads that have started specifically on the red topic, but no single place for them be collected. (Mod's am I off base here? - if so please correct).

Based on comments from Tesla reps that were at the Nvidia booth during CES, it sounded like the only gating item at this point is just final characterization of the paint equipment. Speculation that shipments would start in March were neither confirmed or denied. If the goal of sending out notices roughly a month in advance holds, some on this list should start to hear official date ranges in the next few weeks if indeed March is realistic.

I decided early on to wait for both the 60kWh pack and the new Red. It's great to see all of this come together. Thanks to andrewket for getting this thread started!

StevePro- I didn't add audio/tech as a column because I don't believe there has been any discussion about these options causing a delay in delivery. The suspension definitely has, and while I haven't heard anything specific about the wheels, we do know that in December there were cases of people ordering 21's and receiving 19's.

A

I have included my data as well.

There seems to be a number of threads that have started specifically on the red topic, but no single place for them be collected. (Mod's am I off base here? - if so please correct).

Based on comments from Tesla reps that were at the Nvidia booth during CES, it sounded like the only gating item at this point is just final characterization of the paint equipment. Speculation that shipments would start in March were neither confirmed or denied. If the goal of sending out notices roughly a month in advance holds, some on this list should start to hear official date ranges in the next few weeks if indeed March is realistic.

I decided early on to wait for both the 60kWh pack and the new Red. It's great to see all of this come together. Thanks to andrewket for getting this thread started!

60kwh red here too!

Added my data!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Mine's the only one so far with standard suspension and no tech package. That makes me feel special :wink:

Update: Well I just talked to Tesla and I'm bummed. Seems that the standard suspension is holding up my car. They aren't producing any standard suspensions now; CSR said to check back in March, so the April/May time-frame still seems to be it for me :cursing:

Last edited: