Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Daily Idle Battery Discharge Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this post, I am trying to focus exclusivly on collecting and sharing data on the Model S's daily battery energy discharge rate when idle. This is a daily electric loss due to powering various systems running in the background when the battery is idle and additionally a natural rate of electrical charge decay in the battery. Access to this data should help members understand whether their car's discharge is normal or, if high, give an indication of whether they might have additional issues (e.g., faulty wiring or battery). I have put the "Date Posted" date as an indication of when the measurement occurred.

To more generally discuss this topic, learn about the reasons for this, or learn about firmware updates that should lower these numbers in the future, please use a different post entitled "Vampire Drain?"

The data I've collected so far is below. Please add your data in this post (or correct what I've written).

Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 6.08.42 PM.png

I'm glad I found this thread as I was about to start one. There doesn't seem to be much discussion on this issue. Has anyone left their Tesla parked somewhere for a month unplugged? And what was the status upon return? This is a parameter I'm going to try to confirm with my P90DL here in Alaska. There's no concern with leaving and ICE parked out back for 4 months - it'll fire right up when you need it. I'm guessing that's not the case with a model s