Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABS & Traction Control Problems. Service Required ID: 1103

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I got when I was going to drive the car today. The car has been sitting for about one week and it has been cold, around -10 C every day. The roads are salted here. When starting the car after it sitting a while earlier it has been a short moment before it has moved, today it was much worse and it moved strange for several meters, then it moved ok but the traction control and ABS is turned off. Anyone else experienced this?

2013-01-18 17.18.17.jpg

This error appeared in my car today, in the very worst possible time imaginable, during the 2 year
mandatory EU roadworthiness test. So the car did not pass the test (note that Tesla is not certified to do this tests so must be done at an independent workshop without tesla tools).

When I picked up the car the warning message and light was on, after a few minutes driving they disappeared and stayed off.

My Tesla service center was on the way back home, so I droped by. But the only guy who knows anything about the roadster was not there, so I had to pull out the logs myself. I see that the error has happened 3 times during the same drive, not seen before.

I'll guess I have to wait and see, I have 1 month to get the car approved, so if the message stays away I'll cross my fingers and have it inspected again next week.

I get this error occasionally. Regen still works and i believe ABS is still working also. I have confirmed that the error is related to turning on the headlights, though not every time. I have aftermarket bulbs and ballasts by DMM HID. This problem caused a lot of unnecessary troubleshooting until I realized it was some type of anomaly with the headlights. It might have something to do with low voltage when the lights are turned on but I am not positive. Others have reported something similar.