Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Amped - Hamburg (DE) - 15-17 Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Volker.Berlin View Post
    Can you read some German? I posted my impressions here:
    Tesla-Fahrer und -Freunde Forum Thema anzeigen - Get Amped 17. Feb. 2013 in Hamburg
    Yes, I did!

What I get from it: You and your father are positive

I don't speak German that well, but I'm able to read it.
    BMW M5 E39 - Kawasaki Z750R - 3-phase power - Not a Roadster owner, but the co-owner of my/our company is

85kWh - 19" Cyclone grey - Pearl White - Tech Package - PDC - Sunroof - Twin-Chargers - Light package - Nappa Leather

I was also in Hamburg yesterday specifically for the test drive.

My 4 year old daughter liked the Signature Red color but agreed that the white and gray were also acceptable.

What she liked best however was the big roomy trunk, where she crawled in and decided to go to sleep.

I was pretty cautious on the test drive and didn't really push the car, the steering felt solid and comfortable, the seat and suspension was comfortable (I preferred "sports" mode), the regen was interesting, the standard setting felt a little strong but I think it's something one gets used to pretty quickly. I really didn't have any issues with the interior of the car, aside from the fact that the rear headrest was ridiculous and that I didn't like the wood grain trim. There was a good space for me to put my purse, there were 2 USB outlets conveniently placed for my iPhone if I wanted to charge it, and the big screen was definitely appealing for a tech person like myself.

I would like guidelines for the rearview camera, I'm so used to it from my BMW, especially for backing up into tight parking spaces since it is such a big car, so I'm hoping it will be added in software at some point. Parking sensors would be nice as well. My main concern at this point is really about the width of the car, because my garage is small and I normally drive/park in narrow little streets, and I already have enough problems with my current car (BMW 5 series) in the German parking garages. I do understand better why they don't have electronic folding side mirrors, by the way; it is possible to fold them somewhat manually but they don't really fold a lot, certainly not flush against the car, so it won't provide a ton of help and it looks awkward.

Oh and I'm glad the car turns off by itself when I leave it, because without the motor humming as a reminder, I'm pretty sure I would forget to turn off the car if I had to do it manually every time.

I'm still debating which engine to get and whether to order the third row child seats. Unfortunately I couldn't see one of those in person and get my daughter to try it to get her feedback. But I'm definitely getting the car, even if it's not 100% perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by widodh View Post
    What I get from it: You and your father are positive
    To be honest, my father is left scratching his head. He was EV minded already decades ago, but he would never spend such an amount of money on any car. Fortunately we decided, to each his own, long time ago, and get along very well since...

Quote Originally Posted by Volker.Berlin View Post
    Can you read some German? I posted my impressions here:
    Tesla-Fahrer und -Freunde Forum Thema anzeigen - Get Amped 17. Feb. 2013 in Hamburg
    Hi Volker,
    I enjoyed reading your review. Very informative and entertaining.
    It seems you REALLY tested the car and made the most of that extremely small test course.
    It's also interesting to read you had the same impression about the turning circle.
    Even though it was only 10 minutes of my life, it was a very memorable experience, and it seems you had fun as well

Thread Information