Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped - Antwerp (BE) - 07-10 Feb 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I unexpectadly Got Amped today!
Thanks very much TESLA!!!

Around noon my mum and I visited the Get Amped event! I am no reservationholder, so I did not expect to be allowed in. If this was the case it would not have been a problem as I live near, but I just wanted to see the beast alive! So just a glimpse of the car would already made my day!

The nice people of TESLA just let me in with a backstage pass! (1st adrenalinepush of the day) :-D
Getting in was a bit of an unreal feeling.
After reading so much about the Model S it's technology, viewing all the pictures, seeing it live is strange.
It's as if someone told you a fairytale a 100 times and sudainly you realise the fairytale is a thru story!

All the pictures you see over here are nothing compared to the real thing! I made a mental picture of this car based on what I read here, but in reallity it's much better!

I talked a long time with Tesla Uk person Karl! Thanks a lot for sharing your time with me and showing me the complete car!
Totaly unexpected he proposed to me to do a little tour in the Model S if there was a gap! I had to grab some air when I heard that! WOOOOOOOW (3rd adrenalineshot, 2nd one was seeing the car was real) :-D

After waiting some time I was invited for the drive. (4th adrenalineshot) :-D
Karl took the steeringwheel with me and my mum as the copilots!

This Model S gives a total unreal feeling! The only thing you hear is the rolling of the tires!
The only way I could describe it is with these words "effortles motion". What a smooth and elegant way of propulsion!
The other thing I could compare it with, is flying with a glider! The panoramma passes you in silence and it gives an emotional and relaxing feeling!
The silence is so overwhelming that you start talking quieter, and no need for a radio to hide the enginenoise! The silence is a real comfort-item! As they say "silence is golden"
The only "enginenoise" I heard was when the car got amped! (inverters whining)

I find it very roomy and nice inside.
When getting into my car after this, it felt as going back to the steamages!

Thanks Tesla, Karl and the other Tesla-people for this totally unexpected great afternoon!
What an experience!!

In all this emotional rollercoaster I forgot making pics of me in the car! :-D

Last edited:
So I'm up tomorrow, but the forecast is just getting worse. More ice, rain and snow. So we'll see how the TC works I guess!

I have the same time slot as you, so we'll be ploughing through snow together (although there is still a small chance that the snow reaches Antwerp only later in the afternoon).

The nice experience JCSTP had, gives me some hope for my brother. He is a reservation holder and when he responded to the Get Amped-invitation all spots had already been taken. So he's coming along with me on my drive. It would be nice if a spot opens up when we are there and he can get his own 10 minutes behind the wheel. As an early reservation holder he will also have to configure pretty soon.

As S283 I got a call from Tesla yesterday saying I will be receiving my It's Time to Build e-mail between now and two weeks.

I have the same time slot as you, so we'll be ploughing through snow together (although there is still a small chance that the snow reaches Antwerp only later in the afternoon).

The nice experience JCSTP had, gives me some hope for my brother. He is a reservation holder and when he responded to the Get Amped-invitation all spots had already been taken. So he's coming along with me on my drive. It would be nice if a spot opens up when we are there and he can get his own 10 minutes behind the wheel. As an early reservation holder he will also have to configure pretty soon.

As S283 I got a call from Tesla yesterday saying I will be receiving my It's Time to Build e-mail between now and two weeks.

I would say to your brother: expect the worst, hope for the best! (and have patience)

Had my first ever Model S drive this morning. Thanks to everyone in Tesla for making this possible.

The event was well organised and everyone very curtious.

Usual frustration that TM is still not ready to give us any definate details on things but the staff did their best to try to answer my questions.

Some details from my list of questions:
It seems the charging info that turned up on the Norwegian website was an internal document but available to Tesla staff to be communicated to customers. However due to the slight different details in EU electricity deliveries it is not ready for general publication although the concepts are correct.
Still no colour sample for the non-sig. red so really looking forward to people providing feedback on the colour in non-California sunshine.
We should hear more about 3G and insurance soon. It appears TM is looking into both for all of us. Rear seat headrests may or may not be available - got differing answers there. Tech package xenon lights will come with washers. Options for maintenance and battery packages will appear too.

I saw the Red Sig Model S in Eindhoven and it was nice to see some of the other colours this time. There was white, grey and black for the test drives. They all look very nice and I look forward to being able to see the other colours in the future.

The drive was everything everyone has ever written and more. I tried to take in as much as possible actually driving the car, so the width, handling, responsiveness, the feel of the steering, etc etc. And it was everything I could hope for and more. Worth every penny.
As well as the quiet of the ride I really appreciate things like the clever design of the side windows to ensure minimum restriction of sight, the smooth but very responsive aceleration, the feel of the regen, the ability to setup the car to drive and handle as I want. Checking if I can pull over infront of another car by glancing at the review camera. I am completely sold on this car. :love:

All I have to do now is hold tight for the "time to configure" e-mail which can't some soon enough :rolleyes:

I don't have to add that much, I think all the pictures already posted are enough.

I hit ~145km/h on a straight run and it got there really quick and it was all very silent, I like it!

Looking forward to a longer test drive which we should get in the Spring of this year. But overall, still very impressed!

Although I'm thinking about going for the 19" instead of the 21" due to damaging the 21" fast and the tires are just so expensive on the 21"!

I don't have to add that much, I think all the pictures already posted are enough.

I hit ~145km/h on a straight run and it got there really quick and it was all very silent, I like it!

Looking forward to a longer test drive which we should get in the Spring of this year. But overall, still very impressed!

Although I'm thinking about going for the 19" instead of the 21" due to damaging the 21" fast and the tires are just so expensive on the 21"!

After the Get Amped tour, all the testdrive-cars will be distributed to all the shops I was told.

Are there any estimates about what it would cost to replace 21" tires (compared to 19"). I've read a lot about a huge price difference, but never how much the difference actually is.