Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped - Zurich (CH) - 01-03 Feb 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
today i was at the tesla store in zürich to ask a few questions.
i will have my first test drive at the 1.2. in zürich.

they gave me at the store a few informations. i hope they are all correct.
they will have 5 cars for the amp tour europe.
1x black, 1x silver, 1x sig red, 1x grey, 1x pearl white

two of them are show cars (or reserve)

the models to drive in zürich are all performance models. so let's hope for dry conditions and no snow.

great news are, that in switzerland we will have 8 years free service (all in, only the tires you have to pay yourself :).
perhaps this is the answer for the higher price.

Last edited:
did anybody from the forums go to Zurich........??! or was the event canceled??

No it was not cancelled. They had the red (non driving) mule on display and 5 US cars (all performance) to drive. Colours: Two white, two black, and one grey.

We could drive only a really short distance (7 km).

My first impressions: The car looks great, feels great. It really looks much better in person. Fit and finish: Positively surprised.

The cons: Barely 10 min is a teaser, but not a test drive. Additional information ? nope. and: not enough headroom on the back seats (even with the pano roof). The US cars were not fully functional over here (no nav, no internet) so: i'll give it a second shot, when i can drive and test a fully functional EU Spec version for a longer time./Users/lukas/Pictures/iPhoto

Attachments

• Bild.jpg
    Bild.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 361
Yes, we were there last Saturday (me, mom and dad). It was well organized, there was a lounge with snacks, drinks and the red signature model S as a static display. The Tesla people were nice and friendly. One grey, one black and two white model s were there for test-driving, all of them performance editions. In the beginning, my father was very skeptical (I talked him into making a reservation for the model s just a week ago so that we can test-drive the car) but after enjoying the test-drive he asked the co-pilot jokingly if he can keep the car:biggrin:....And afterwards, my dad asked me to write an email to Tesla Zurich, to ask for another test-drive in spring (The tesla-guys mentioned that there is going to be a model s permanently available for test-driving). The model s was very smooth and powerful. We definitely had lots of fun during the few minutes of test-driving!

I've been there as well

As LST allready mentioned, the 10min teaser was way too short.

My impressions:

+ The TESLA-Crew was very helpful and friendly
+ The driving feeling was good (not more, not less) steering wheel had to be on SPORT to give a little bit of feedback. Acceleration in a corner and your nose goes away... 0-100km/h is not everything!
+ Generall impression of the car concerning design from the outside
+ Type2 Connector carside confirmed

o Still no EU-Cars
o Generall impression of the build quality
o No handles in the second row (whats the english word?)

- Build quality in detail (Door seals, leather, alignment in the interior)
- It's claimed to be a sports sedan, so give it SPORTSEATS!!
- No headroom in the second row! The headrests are a joke and the headliner gets soon dirty! Especially this terrible colour of headliner...
- Black headliner missing
- And finally I still don't get the impression to sit in a 120'000CHF Car :-(

All in all it was a first impression... For sure I need a longer Test-Drive (I got the e-Smart for 3 days for free to test!)

Cheers Chris

I've been there as well

As LST allready mentioned, the 10min teaser was way too short.

My impressions:

+ The TESLA-Crew was very helpful and friendly
+ The driving feeling was good (not more, not less) steering wheel had to be on SPORT to give a little bit of feedback. Acceleration in a corner and your nose goes away... 0-100km/h is not everything!
+ Generall impression of the car concerning design from the outside
+ Type2 Connector carside confirmed

o Still no EU-Cars
o Generall impression of the build quality
o No handles in the second row (whats the english word?)

- Build quality in detail (Door seals, leather, alignment in the interior)
- It's claimed to be a sports sedan, so give it SPORTSEATS!!
- No headroom in the second row! The headrests are a joke and the headliner gets soon dirty! Especially this terrible colour of headliner...
- Black headliner missing
- And finally I still don't get the impression to sit in a 120'000CHF Car :-(

All in all it was a first impression... For sure I need a longer Test-Drive (I got the e-Smart for 3 days for free to test!)

Cheers Chris
Yes, the seats are defenetly made for the American market, not for the European! That's the one of the few things my father didn't like as well. I also agree about the door seals and the alignments on the inside. The headrests: I read in a German forum that they won't be fixed for the European market!

sorry for beeing late, but here are some other fotos from the event in zuerich.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.410229142395937.97954.367787713306747&type=1

i was there on friday and sunday. sadly the weather was quite bad and wet but the ride was just fantastatic. i think you must sit in the car and drive it. the motor, the powertrain and the battery are just outstanding. to be honest, no cumbustion enginge can keep up with it's instant torque and smoothness, and this in complete silence.

i understand chregu's points very well (and he's right in almost every point) because for this money you just get a fully loaded bmw, mercedes, audi, etc. but for me the model S is the first and only car in history, which makes it possible, to quit on fossil fuels and travel with my family through europe if you like by solar power!

(and by the way, i'll bet i must smile everytime i push the accelerator, and this will last for many years ;-).

so i went home and after almost 2 years of thinking both ways, i've just ordered a model s in pearlwhite with grey wheels. i really hope that many others will find the same courage do the same! the future is here - let's drive it...