Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlikely that Tesla would start 4.2 in Canada. Due to bilingual requirements wouldn't it be more likely that Canadian cars will get updates later than U.S. ones?
Only if the updates include text changes.

I guess technically the release notes "should" be bilingual but I suspect they can get by without worrying about that too much initially.

Oh no... Now instead of checking every hour for the Configure or Delivery button on the Tesla website, we can look forward to checking our 17" screen every hour to see if the software update menu appears! At least we can fill the time between the hourly vehicle checks by looking for more news every five minutes on this forum. When will our addiction be cured?!

It's V4.2. Sounds like a maintenance release again.
V4.2.jpg

A few notes:

1. I'm glad Tesla is at least mentioning fixes. That's a start, at least. Wish they'd be more specific though. I'm hoping this fixes everyone's pano roof sticking issue.

2. So it seems the "rushed" sleep mode caused a whole lot of issues. 4.2 reverts back to get rid of sleep mode to eliminate those other issues, and they're working on implementing a corrected sleep mode in the future.

Dave, I know you literally just installed the update, but if you have any information on issues you had before that were corrected, or improvements to functionality that you notice, please report when able :smile:.

It's V4.2. Sounds like a maintenance release again.
To improve overall operation, the vehicle will no longer enter a reduced power sleep mode.

Funny, I came to exactly the same decision about a week ago: "I'm turning off the sleep mode, and will revisit when they improve it."

What tipped me over was that I liked -- obsessively liked -- the "pause the song I'm playing" experience that I had without the power saving. There are other settings as well, but that one was the tipping point.

Mine won't finish. I have the .31 with the 12 volt battery low warning. Service load tested the battery and said it is fine, and it is an impoper warning. Now new software which is supposed to fix the low battery warning, will not install because the "12 volt battery is too low" . I have a ranger visit scheduled tomorrow for this and some of my due list. I'm sure they will sort it out and make it right.

Last edited: