Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster photos in the Snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else using their Roadster daily despite the snow ?

Below are a few photos with the sun bringing out the blue of the car against a mild dusting of snow earlier in the day. Shortly after this it got more far more severe, even so the traction control seems to be better than any ICE equivalent.

The pics also show my car with an Elise S2 hard-top roof fitted without any modifications to the mounting points or elsewhere. I did line the inside of the roof with 1cm sound deadening foam liner, and put small 1 inch strips of compressible foam at the top edge of the door post. Overall this dramatically reduces the amount of wind roar above 60mph, when compared to the standard fabric roof. I can actually talk and listen to a CD now.

Teslasnow3.jpg

teslasnow7.jpg

teslasnow6.jpg

Had our first snow since getting the Roadster and it did respectable with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. You will confuse it for a 4WD Jeep but it got me home which is more than I can say for my neighbor's BMW who got stuck at the same time I made it home.
2013-01-17_16-36-06_413.jpg