Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World's quickest Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently my girlfriend "Hella" Stella Kostolna reset the 1/4 mile record at Speedworld in Phoenix. With a couple of days of testing and experimenting, we managed a 12.582s run and backed it up with two runs within 1%. We're convinced that we can reset that record again using exaggerated versions of the methods we've developed so far. Our record is on the NEDRA site here:

National Electric Drag Racing Association - Record Holders

We haven't yet adjusted the suspension... does anyone have any suggestions for how the suspension should be adjusted for straight-line runs? I contacted Tesla and they sent me to the suspension manufacturer Bilstein, but Bilstein told me to contact Tesla.

BTW, the previous record was 12.643s.

The things I did are completely impractical for road use. That's as much as I'll say right now. 8^D

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Zack any tips on what you did for the great times? How is the TV show going?
The reality show is at a standstill. We got a lot of interest but were told that, as it is, it will never sell to a cable channel because it is not dumbed-down enough to match the rest of the insanely crappy reality tv shows out there. It was very strange to hear people say "We all love it!" and "I'm sorry, we can't sell it" in the same sentence.

I watched Scotty get the old record. It was a "bone stock" Roadster Sport... one of the first ones delivered.
Also, no special prep was done... He just got in and drove it. He is/was a professional motorcycle racer, but hadn't driven a Roadster before.

One big advantage he had: he doesn't weigh very much (is a small person). That can make a difference.

Now, depending on rules, you could play "games" with the car... Remove the windshield wiper and push back the side view mirrors for better aerodynamics. You could also play games with the tire pressure.
You could try different launch techniques.... TC off? Hold the brake and go pedal at the same time until you let go of the brake?

Battery SoC, battery temp, and performance mode all should be considered as well. I don't know the best case answer to any of this, just that you could probably get a few hundredths here and there from "optimizing".

really looking forward to it... they said the car should be at my dealer on saturday.... I kind of doubt it though, the car left on Monday.... unless the truck has 6 Tesla's bound to this dealer... Dania Beach, FL....

Not sure how much weight you can get off by pulling the seats out + frunk liners, but I plan on seeing.

..you have some pretty crazy cars there :eek:
I think many people would love to hear your comparison of the S to them once you get it.