Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging options in condo complex

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The HOA in my condo complex will not support installing a charging station, even though there are other condo owners with hybrids. The HOA wants me to pay for the charging station, pay for an additional 'reserved' parking spot (even though I already have 4 parking spaces with my unit). Any suggested options that I can present to HOA?:confused:

Take a look at Evercharge.net
They have a business model designed to service HOA based condo charging and it seems to work, offers insurance, charging in your own space and power multiplexing.

EverCharge looks cool at first, but they are selling a service and require a profit and is succeptible to going out of business. A simple 110v/220v standard plug outlet might be best. I'm contacting SDG&E now to see if it's possible to install an EV TOU meter. This way, the tenant is only paying the standard kwh rate, the installation is simplified, doesn't require a third party company to monitor and charge your wallet (hehe)

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/13903-Multi-Unit-condo-charging-update