Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10 minute electric car charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice they haven't mentioned range, which diminishes the mention of 10-minutes.

Hawaii has been charging EVs in 10 minutes for a while already: Hyundai Santa Fe EV | Green Car .com

It gets you 80-120 miles on a 10-20 minute charge. So I don't see how this is news other than that a new company is developing it and it is optimized for li-ion/li-phosphate batteries. They didn't mention range or size of battery so it's unclear if it charges faster than existing rapid chargers. It mentions some kind of storage medium and ultracapacitors. That isn't a new idea either, we all know that you can have a battery or some other storage medium specifically used for charging EVs so as to take the load off the grid, if such charging happens during peak hours. It's just more expensive that way, but I can see why it will likely be needed if EVs get popular.

I noticed a skeptic "tom c gray" commenting how this is impossible, that's an alias for this guy:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/off-...chrt-beuchert-beuchrt-biker-rider-krider.html
a long term EV skeptic.