Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio: Did Tesla give us free Slacker accounts with v4.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JoshG

Jun 23, 2011
I'm positive I did NOT have a Slacker account before 4.0 or 4.1 came to my car (non-sig performance, #1299). I know because I wanted to try it out and couldn't until I got an account online separately, which I never bothered to do. Today I happened to try it again and there's a user name and password entered in the Apps screen. The account is "TeslaXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" (x=whole string of numbers), and there's a password entered but it's just showing as the obscuring dots of course. Is this something that came with v4.1 for everyone? (wasn't in the release notes.) Or was it just something that somehow happened to my car?

Slacker works great now. Pretty cool service. Better than the bizarre navigation and incomprehensible nesting menus scheme on TuneIn Radio.

--josh

There was something in Cinergi's (Ben's) video about this. The one with the same guy that did the official video. I didn't really pay much attention because it wasn't on my concern radar.

Edit:
Live stream of a factory delivery - Page 5

22:40+
Media Player, for instance... Slacker account ... With software version 4.0 and above, automatically pulls the Slacker information and sets that up. All cars come with a 3 month connectivity trial. Signature cars came with a 1 year connectivity. So that will automatically set itself up for all cars 4.0 and above.

Last edited:
Yes. There is a per-car Slacker account that for Sigs was set up by the DS. My password was incorrect on the documentation and I had to put the account information in after the DS sent me the correct information later.

Perhaps the individual username/password entries were temporary until they could get automatic provisioning squared away with later releases. I should check to see if mine changed over to a different account name (since the formatting of my username appears to be different than yours).

On the Slacker web site, for the account given to me it indicates Slacker Radio Plus, expires 12/2013 with auto-renew set to "no".

I got my standard (non Sig) yesterday. It was running 4.1. It has account info for Slacker in there as above and it's working correctly. Wish I could say the same for my Bluetooth.