Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

felixtb

RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4
Jan 14, 2011
Lausanne, CH
just thought I'd start a thread for European requests to finalize and eventual deliveries. we are not so many yet so maybe a simple thread will suffice.

would be great to hear when the first EUsigs get to finalize............

well, I did not yet finalize ;-) I guess the delivery estimate is only showing once I completed finalize. I'm not yet even sure, if I really want to get a Model S.... I already have a roadster and just made a reservation to have the option to get one, if I really wanted to. Now I guess I have to decide soon ...

well, I did not yet finalize ;-) I guess the delivery estimate is only showing once I completed finalize. I'm not yet even sure, if I really want to get a Model S.... I already have a roadster and just made a reservation to have the option to get one, if I really wanted to. Now I guess I have to decide soon ...

Did you deposit $40k like US sigs? I understand placing a deposit to keep options open but if timing and desire aren't that great why didn't you just put down $5k for a production deposit? There are so few Euro orders at this point that the timing difference between sig and production is probably less than a month.

Did Euro sigs require $40k like the US? If so, that's fairly odd. I understand placing a deposit to keep options open but if timing and desire aren't that great why didn't you just put down $5k for a regular deposit? There are so few Euro orders at this point that the timing difference between sig and production is probably less than a month.

I cancelled my Sig. and switched to P since I wanted to pick any color AND had no interest in the 21" wheels. It's my assumption as well that there should really only be a short time between Sig and P deliveries, but now I'm think Tesla might delay the P's on purpose 2-3 months, so as not to upset the Sig buyers...

I cancelled my Sig. and switched to P since I wanted to pick any color AND had no interest in the 21" wheels. It's my assumption as well that there should really only be a short time between Sig and P deliveries, but now I'm think Tesla might delay the P's on purpose 2-3 months, so as not to upset the Sig buyers...

I don't think you have to worry about Tesla artificially delaying orders. As soon as they can ship, they will!

I don't think you have to worry about Tesla artificially delaying orders. As soon as they can ship, they will!

But why here rather than the US where they have 15k+ orders lined up? Their margin is probably about the same, perhaps even better in the US since the EU cars have their quirks (3P charging, different light etc). The big question for me is how will they solve this in the factory? A separate line for EU cars? A "EU car week" where they just make 500 EU cars (=the Singatures)? Or will they just be taking a car here and a car there out of the line and making it in to a EU car? Remember these cars will not go from the factory directly to the customer, but to a hub in the Netherland, by ship, so you don't send 5 cars one day and 5 the next... you send however many that boat can hold, right?

Just got my config invitation today (SIG #5).

TM UK told me the following today on availability of "normal" Model S:
S.Davies said:
This is not yet confirmed, but we do not envisage a long gap between Signature and standard deliveries.

So as color choice is very limited on signature editions, I might step back to a normal Model S.

Did you deposit $40k like US sigs? I understand placing a deposit to keep options open but if timing and desire aren't that great why didn't you just put down $5k for a production deposit? There are so few Euro orders at this point that the timing difference between sig and production is probably less than a month.
yeah, I deposited 30k EUR. But I am also seriously thinking about stepping back to get a production instead. I don't really see the value of paying more for less choice. I also don't anticipate a big delay between Sigs an Production cars. I just don't know, if I can easily switch back. That's something I'm going to ask Tesla at the Get Amped event.

yeah, I deposited 30k EUR. But I am also seriously thinking about stepping back to get a production instead. I don't really see the value of paying more for less choice. I also don't anticipate a big delay between Sigs an Production cars. I just don't know, if I can easily switch back. That's something I'm going to ask Tesla at the Get Amped event.

I had the opportunity to do this since I first had a P reservation, which was upgraded to Sig. And when I upgraded I was very specific about having the option to downgrade (keeping my earlier P nr) and getting this in writing. I've had no problem after asking to downgrade. Though they said it could take up to 4 weeks for the deposited to be returned to me. When I log in to "My Tesla" now under Status it says "Downgrading has started" (it's in Norwegian but that's the translation).