Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery/Installation: Rear Facing Child Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone that ordered the optional jump seats had their car delivered?

If so, have they been installed yet? If not, is there a timeline for the eventual installation of the seats. Also, has there been a formal answer from Tesla why they haven't been installed yet? Is it a supplier issue or a regulatory issue. I want to take delivery of my car with these seats, but will likely have to defer if its not ready? also, any other major check list things not installed other than these seats? Many thanks in advance

I haven't taken delivery yet, but I did order the rear jump seats and it doesn't appear to be delaying my order. I'm Reg. Sig #267 and my delivery window right now is October 8-22nd. As soon as I get the car, I'll let everyone know if they delivered with the seats or if it's on the 'due bill' list.

I haven't taken delivery yet, but I did order the rear jump seats and it doesn't appear to be delaying my order. I'm Reg. Sig #267 and my delivery window right now is October 8-22nd. As soon as I get the car, I'll let everyone know if they delivered with the seats or if it's on the 'due bill' list.

Perfect. Do you mind throwing a kiddo in there for a picture simply for size ratio?

Perfect. Do you mind throwing a kiddo in there for a picture simply for size ratio?

Will do! Have an 8 year old boy who is about 45 inches and around 50 pounds and a 4 year old girl who is about 35 pounds and maybe 39 inches (I think. My wife would probably scoff at me for not knowing their sizes better!). I'll get them in the seats as soon as we have them and get a picture of them both in the seats.

I should have my car by the end of the month. I asked if the jump seats caused a delay, and was told no, and other than the HPWC, there is no more punch list for those getting cars. I'll take pics of the kids in the jump seats once I have the car (ages 10, 8 and 5).

I to am getting the jump seats, and hope to get my car within the next three weeks (Oct 14-28 delivery at factory). Within 18 hours of getting the car, I will post pics... First drive brings us to Harris Ranch for dinner :)

I [...] was told no, and other than the HPWC, there is no more punch list for those getting cars.

I also am still waiting for my HPC-to-S adapter that I ordered with, and paid for with the car. But like the HPWC, it's not really a part of the car...just something you need to make it get ready to go quickly! They don't have a date, but say they are "hurrying".

Winter wheel/tire sets are not available yet either; though those were ordered separately (but still a long time ago). Supposedly they will be in early next week.

Once somebody gets the jumpseats, it would be nice to see a picture of them folded in to the footwell. Is there still room to store little things in there with them? Or does it all come flying out when you unfold them?

I to am getting the jump seats, and hope to get my car within the next three weeks (Oct 14-28 delivery at factory). Within 18 hours of getting the car, I will post pics... First drive brings us to Harris Ranch for dinner :)

<light bulb>

Just thinking how much nicer a ride it will be on the way do dinner with the four girls with the two younger ones in the back back back seat. Please let me know how the decibels of whining, bickering, and yelling bounce off the pano roof toward the pilot's position, please. .....

thanks everyone for replying....and again would love to see some pictures.....i think i will wait to configure with seats until i hear from some of you guys.....if its only a few more days i have some time. Thanks again in advance

<light bulb>

Just thinking how much nicer a ride it will be on the way do dinner with the four girls with the two younger ones in the back back back seat. Please let me know how the decibels of whining, bickering, and yelling bounce off the pano roof toward the pilot's position, please. .....

I'll definitely be able to give you a report on this when I put my kids back there! :smile:

Related post on a different thread: Rear jump seats - Page 7

Last weekend a friend showed me his S. When I opened the trunk I turned and asked him where the 2 jump seats were that I knew he had ordered; I was curious because I too have ordered the rear facing 3rd row seats. He said that Tesla said that they were back ordered. For the old-timers, sounded remotely familiar to when the Roadsters were delivered without the carbon fiber hard tops. Does anyone know about production delays for these rear facing seats? Anyone taken delivery of them recently?

So does back ordered mean that if i order the seats when i finalize that they will not come installed? if no one has received a Model S with the 3rd row seats how can they be back ordered? Also, any timeline suggested by Tesla when they could get them? curious since i wasnt a Roadster owner what happened with the carbon fiber hard tops?

My wife is concerned about the climate in the jump seats, and I haven't yet found a satisfactory report...

So if anyone gets the jump seats, I'd love a report on how it is back there on a sunny day. (We are in Colorado, so sun is a concern. Enough so that we are pretty wishy-washy on the roof style as well.)