Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tires, michelin v. continental

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it will be several months before folks start needing new tires. I don't know of anyone who would throw away perfectly good tires. But I'm sure the experimenting will start.

I did replace the OE tires on the Prius when I couldn't stand them any more and long before they were worn out. I wouldn't expect to have to do this on the Model S (unless I lived in a snowy area anyway). So, yes, I have replaced tires that many would consider "perfectly good".

I'm sure the Michelin's are great and stickier tires would be nice but I have to say I like looking at replacing tires at $200 instead of $500 each. The DW's are no slouch either so for even aggressive driving they are fine.

I'm sure the Michelin's are great and stickier tires would be nice but I have to say I like looking at replacing tires at $200 instead of $500 each. The DW's are no slouch either so for even aggressive driving they are fine.

yeah, agreeing... i may spring for ps2s when i have to replace this first batch of conts... but not now. i feel a little float, little hop in tight high-speed turning that i think the ps2s might hold better... but i can wait a year or so to find out! (maybe... :) )