Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roadster Tire Pressure Monitor Reset Tool Group Buy

Roadster Sports 835 & 972 ipdamages's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PRJIM View Post
    Can you post some information about the manufacturer and or model number of the reset tool? I think this is a readily available TPMS programming that is just Tesla branded (Smartool).
    It has the SmarTool branding on the front, with the Tesla brand as well. No other distinguishing branding or marks. On the back it has a sticker that reads:

1013547-00-B

TOOL,TPMS,ROADSTER 2.0/2.5

Baolong TPMS LF Tool (GJ005B)

Serial Number: G5B120406060

Now that 'we' have one of these, I'd be really interested in seeing what actually happens on the CAN bus when it is in use.

Presumably the sequence is you walk around the car getting the id numbers from each sensor, then plug in to the car (DIAG connector?) to program the TPMS? If we could read the current sensor ids (using can) as a backup, then presumably we could re-program them without having to walk the car?

Can you explain how you use the device, or is there a manual in electronic format?
    PLEASE NOTE:
    These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
    My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.

Car has to be on or in Acc. you start at the LF wheel, then RF, the RR, then LR. it will "ping" every sensor. then when you have all 4 id's you plug in into the OD2 connector and write it to the car.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGuy View Post
    Its is a Tesla only tool...would anyone be interested in disabling the TPMS on there car?
    Yes, I would be interested. What do you have in mind?
    Pantera Dude
    Roadster#107

2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683 jordanthompson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGuy View Post
    Its is a Tesla only tool...would anyone be interested in disabling the TPMS on there car?
    I'd be interested as well.
    "No matter where you go, you're already there in your Tesla" -- Paraphrased from Buckaroo Banzai

well I know it possible, let me try some things out, and I will get back to you by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by markwj View Post
    Now that 'we' have one of these, I'd be really interested in seeing what actually happens on the CAN bus when it is in use.

Presumably the sequence is you walk around the car getting the id numbers from each sensor, then plug in to the car (DIAG connector?) to program the TPMS? If we could read the current sensor ids (using can) as a backup, then presumably we could re-program them without having to walk the car?
    Would sure be nice if we could do that with OVMS!

5 days ago I had my two rear wheels reconditioned--i.e. had the dings from scraping curbs taken out--wheels and tires were removed to do so. The wheels look new! Anyhow, everything was fine and I have driven the car almost every day since. Somehow, today for the first time, I got the error message about the tire pressure. Yet, when I look at the car with the OVMS the tire pressures are still reported! I'm assuming this is just the last pressure from before the problem occurred. I have the original front tires and am on my 3rd set of rear tires in 2.5 years and 16,000 miles and this is the first time this message has come up. Drat!

I bought one of these tools from Tesla shortly after I got my car in 2010 because I replace my wheels every fall and winter (summer to winter wheels) and at the time Chicago was my nearest service center (430 miles away). It only takes a minute or two to program the car and it is very handy when the car occasionally throws that TPMS warning message. I'm in central MO and wouldn't have a problem loaning it out to anyone who wants to come by for a reset. But I don't think there are any Roadsters near me. Does it the same tool also work for the Model S?

Thread Information