Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SW/Firmware: Voice Command Tips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a list somewhere of voice command tips?

My phone (with music) is connected. I say "Play Shadow Gallery". The voice recognition recognizes what I said, and then offers to play "Shadow Gallery Radio" from Slacker. I think that's really cool, but what I really wanted was to hear some of the songs on my phone. Can I do that? I also try "Play FM 98.5", and it says that it can't find any artists or songs called "FM 98.5". ("Play Radio 98.5 FM" is no better). Again, cool, but not really what I want.

So, is there some list on what the system can do and how to make it do it? All I found was the "Release Notes" for the firmware.

thanks,
Derek

Okay, so the Release Notes for the firmware do indicate that it only works with Slacker. Hopefully that's just a short term thing as I'm not planning on paying for Slacker after the trial period runs out.
The examples show "Play Free Fallin by Tom Petty". I was expecting this would play Free Fallin by Tom Petty but instead it creates "Free Fallin Radio" in Slacker. still useful, but not what I wanted. and I guess other things like "Set Sunroof to 50%" or "Set Temperature to 74 degrees" aren't ready yet, either.

Okay, so the Release Notes for the firmware do indicate that it only works with Slacker. Hopefully that's just a short term thing as I'm not planning on paying for Slacker after the trial period runs out.
The examples show "Play Free Fallin by Tom Petty". I was expecting this would play Free Fallin by Tom Petty but instead it creates "Free Fallin Radio" in Slacker. still useful, but not what I wanted. and I guess other things like "Set Sunroof to 50%" or "Set Temperature to 74 degrees" aren't ready yet, either.

Yes, I'm sure a LOT of these things will be available in future updates. They're just not priorities. Seems it would require VERY little additional development time. Why not? That would just be too cool to ask your car to open the sunroof to 80%. :)

Yes, I'm sure a LOT of these things will be available in future updates. They're just not priorities. Seems it would require VERY little additional development time. Why not? That would just be too cool to ask your car to open the sunroof to 80%. :)
Not only cool, but safer. The touchscreen is incredibly cool. but I can open the sunroof in my wife's car without taking my eyes off of the road. In the Model S, it's not so easy. Using the big screen involves significant moments of inattention. Using the little wheel on the steering wheel is better, but still requires some looking (unless you just leave the right wheel in sunroof mode all the time, which is not my plan).