Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint/glass armor installers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any recommendations?

I have the Tesla-installed paint armor, but I want to get paint armor for the full hood, the front fenders, and the windshield too. I already have a rock chip on a front fender, and I haven't even had the car for a week yet. Tesla should sell touch up paint.

I've used Accutint in Bellevue (link HERE) to put tint on a couple of hybrids long ago and on my first EV, and I also had them put paint armor on my Roadster rather than use the factory option.

So I haven't used them in over 3 years, but I was happy with their work at the time. More important, from web reviews I did before using them, it sounded like they stood behind their work when there was a problem.

Blurry / Chad

I used Metropolitan Detail - Auto Detailing and Car Wraps Bellevue | Kirkland | Redmond | Metropolitan Detail for our paint film wrap (Had the whole car done) and they did a beautiful job. Used the Xpel self healing film - Paint Protection Film - XPEL Technologies Corp. . They are higher priced than other shops, but the quality of their works is worth their premium in my opinion.

Also had windshield protection film applied there as well.

What did you pay for the work you had done on your Model S and how long did the process take?

I didn't get the factory armor, but want to quickly get the armor on - My 85KW, Black, Pano, 19", Tech arrives tomorrow - Issaquah, home delivery.....it's been in Portland for 4-5 days for some reason....

In 2009 I paid about $875 for custom paint armor on my Roadster. They covered more area total than the factory version, although they didn't do some of the tricky bits along the bottom of the sides. Tesla was charging $1500. I don't know what has happened to prices since then (more competition and better tech might have lowered prices; then again with time prices often go up, so who knows).

In 2008 I paid about $400 to get Llumar tint on my RAV4-EV, all windows except the front. They called it their best tint and it did seem to have a great rep. I personally liked Huper Optic, but that's more of a heat blocker for household windows - I think they quoted $500 to do that, but they really didn't want to.

For the tint, I think I just dropped the car off for an afternoon while I attended business nearby. I think the paint armor had to cure though, so I believe I dropped it off one day and picked it up the next morning.