Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking/Charging at Bell Square Tesla reserved area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Discoducky

P100DL, 2021 M3, 4 CT reservations and counting
Supporting Member
Dec 25, 2011
My mountain
Does anyone know if you can park and charge in the Tesla reserved area at Bell Square? There are some charging stations next to the Tesla area but it would be much nicer to park and charge in the Tesla area.

Well, at other stores I'll just give them a call on my way in or park in their spot and then run into the store to ask if it's ok. They've always said yes but I haven't done it since Model S test drives have been in full swing so they may need the chargers more often now.

Does anyone know if you can park and charge in the Tesla reserved area at Bell Square? There are some charging stations next to the Tesla area but it would be much nicer to park and charge in the Tesla area.
Probably. Tesla's spots at the Washington Square Mall in Portland, OR are open to Tesla owners so I'd guess that's true of all Tesla locations.

Yes, that parking area can be used for Tesla customers. Store staff indicated it would always be that way when they moved to Bellevue Square.

It was a great perk before they started shipping the Model S; you could show up in a Roadster and know you'd have a nice parking space (with charging if you need it). But they've already shipped so many new cars in the area that there are many more cars contending for the space. And they also use it for staging cars to be delivered. So you can no longer count on there being space available. If there is, you can use it - just don't count on it.

Even though I had seen it before, I couldn't find the Tesla area easily when I went to Bellevue Square on 12/27, and it was super busy, so I just ended up parking in the back by the construction portable thing.

Even though I had seen it before, I couldn't find the Tesla area easily when I went to Bellevue Square on 12/27, and it was super busy, so I just ended up parking in the back by the construction portable thing.
  1. Exit 405 onto NE 8th westbound
  2. Left onto Bellevue Way (southbound)
  3. Right before the restaurants (near the left for Lincoln Square)
  4. Right into the parking garage
  5. Sharp right (to the valet area) rather than going up the ramp
  6. Veer left of the island
  7. Sharp left into the Tesla parking/charging area

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
  1. Exit 405 onto NE 8th westbound
  2. Right onto Bellevue Way (southbound)
  3. Right before the restaurants (near the left for Lincoln Square)
  4. Right into the parking garage
  5. Sharp right (to the valet area) rather than going up the ramp
  6. Veer left of the island
  7. Sharp left into the Tesla parking/charging area

Hope this helps.

Ah, thanks. I'll look out for it next time. I believe you meant LEFT for step two, however.

The parking area is a bit hidden if you haven't been there before. It's on the 1st floor (Valet level) in between where Crate and Barrel and Ruth Chris restaurant is.

You can charge there anytime. If the Roadster to Model S adapter is plugged into the test drive car, call the Bellevue Square store and they will send someone down to remove it from the test drive car. Also I asked the staff about needing access to the charger if I was plugged in and they said they could track me down with the VIN# of my car and call me if they needed me to unplug the charger from my car. Also right now there are two chargers there, both set up for Roadsters. I think Tesla only has one Roadster to Model S adapter and if it isn't there, call the Bellevue store and they will come down with it.

But over the past couple of weeks, every time I've been there, the adapter has always been connected to the charger, so I think they are just leaving it out there all the time now.

Apparently the wall behind the parking space is just a false wall and they can open up the space back there if it is consistently full, so there should be some room to add more parking as more and more cars park there. It definitely is a nice perk to have. When the parking garage is really crowded, it's so nice to be able to pull into the Tesla spots and park right away.

On occasion, when the Tesla spots are full, I will try parking in the Chargepoint stalls just by the Tesla parking and pay for the charging for the parking convenience, but I hesitate to take the last charging spot and will park somewhere else to leave the last charger available for another EV that might really need to have access to the charger.

Ah, thanks. I'll look out for it next time. I believe you meant LEFT for step two, however.
Whoops, typo'd when editing. Will fix original post.

- - - Updated - - -

@Blurry_Eyed - It's definitely a great perk (both the charging and the parking spot). Have you heard from the store if they're doing anything clever with the chain? I worry that I'll get locked in if I don't warn them I'm charging after store closing.

On my recent road trip to Vancouver BC, I returned back to Bellevue and needed to charge at Bellevue Square. I called ahead to the store and was told the adaptor is not left at the charger after hours so I had to charge at the nearby Chargepoint chargers. It was not a big deal. But you should call ahead if they need the adaptor and to charge.